1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty tip for the day

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by rathi, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jananikrupa

jananikrupa Senior IL'ite

Nice collections. Manga mala is my all time favourite jewel

2. jananikrupa

jananikrupa Senior IL'ite

Re: Tips for a glowing face...

Sorry..posted in wrong thread..

3. shreyasingh

shreyasingh Bronze IL'ite

Re: Tips for a glowing face...

That's a nice idea. Following the thread, my idea for the day is: Scrub your skin atleast once a week. Use Swedish Spa Exfoliating Body Scrub and feel the difference. It exfoliates your skin nicely.

4. renugabhoopal

renugabhoopal New IL'ite

Re: For Fairer Skin

Hi Everybody,

Coconut milk (not oil), is very enriching to our skin and hair. I apply fresh coconut milk to my hair and skin once a week. I just rinse my hair and leave it off as is, but apply besan (kadala maavu) on my skin and wash if off after 3-5 mins. This can be done during weekends or when you're at home because after rinsing your hair coconut still stays back and will take lot of time to dry hair completely. Those who catch cold easily can apply shampoo and wash off the coconut milk.

I am applying coconut milk for about 10 years and my hair and skin has its own charm and shine. Very happy to share this with you all. Hope this post is helpful to many. Thanks :)

5 people like this.
  5. HealthyMummy

HealthyMummy New IL'ite

Honey yogurt facial exfoliator
    This scrub is very effective in reducing blackheads and nourishing your skin. Honey helps reduce inflamation and redness and thus is very useful in acne treatment. After using this facial mask/scrub, my skin always feels so smooth and soft. I use organic honey for the best result.
    Instruction: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 table spoon of plain yogurt. Spread on your face and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with luckwarm water. This scrub is a bit messy but the result is very satisfying.

I normally exfoliate my skin in the evening, after removing my makeup. As the above facial scrub contains very moisturising ingredients, I usually go to bed without applying any moisturizer on my exfoliating days. Remember DO NOT exfoliate your face more than 3 times a week and you have to massage very gently. You have to be even more careful and gentle when you have acne, as hard rubbing will irritate and trigger the acne problem even more.

Your feedbacks are welcome :thumbsup

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. HealthyMummy

HealthyMummy New IL'ite

Hi thanks very much for sharing
    May I know how you extract the coconut milk.
    Thank you kindly

7. renugabhoopal

renugabhoopal New IL'ite

Hi Healthy Mummy,

It is so simple, grind coconut in a mixie by adding very small amount of water or as small as possible and extract the milk from it. Apply this milk on your scalp first and then on the hair, leave it for about 5-10 mins and rinse by using water. It will take time for the hair to get dried but the pure coconut oil will nourish your hair and give natural strength. It you don't like the "oily" feeling, just shampoo your hair.

Applying coconut milk is good not only for your hair but it also reduces heat in your body. Let me know if any doubts.

8. rathnarosy

rathnarosy Senior IL'ite

Hi renuga,

Very good tips.
    Will try next weekend..
    Thanks

9. subha88

subha88 New IL'ite

Want to have bright and glowing face??
    Use multani meti with rose water..its give ur face bringter..But this is more suitable for summer season..

10. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Oh wow...coconut milk on the hair...interesting!! I apply a thin layer of coconut milk before going to bed and wash off in the morning. When I don't have coconut milk, I always carry Parachute's Deep Nourish body lotion with me. It is loaded with coconut milk and I love the fragrance, do give it a try!!