1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty tip for the day

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by rathi, Apr 12, 2005.

1. kennyliza

kennyliza New IL'ite

Glycerin

hi, i'm new to this forum. and was wondering where you can buy glycerin for facial use?
    thanks.
    Liza

2. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Try in eBay

Hi,

Looks like you are living in UK.

Though I am not familiar with shops out there, you should be able to get glycerin in the medical counter in the shops.

Also, try searching in eBay in the 'beauty and health' category.

Regards,
    Rathi

3. rehanak

rehanak New IL'ite

Glycerin

Glycerin is available at all leading medical stores

4. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

for bags under the eyes.

Hi All,

A tip given to me by a friend who had read in a magazine. It was quoted that it is also used by fashion models.Tried and tested and so would like to share it with you.

take a very small amount of germoloid cream (ummmmmmmmmmm! donot get put off as this cream is used for curing haemarrhoids) and pat it very gently under the eyes.Please donot rub

Eureka! the bags will disappear in 10mins.:)
    regards
    Pravina

Ammu2886 likes this.
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

it works well

Dear Pravina,

You have put a very useful tip. I have been doing this for a couple of years now and it works miracles. My BIL is a doctor in California and he suggested this. In fact, dermatologists prescribe this for the harsh Californian sun.

Another useful eye cream is vaginal cream. Since it is very gentle, it also erases bags under the eyes, crows feet, wrinkles etc.

Thanks for posting this.

Warm regards
    Vidya

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

pranayama for menstrual cycle....

dear friends,
    many of us have this problem of cycle not coming in time .....just when u need to attend a wedding or any function or sometime even self marriage if it is in time it may be grt...but this is for people whose period is due but to make it sure it comes on the day and a delay of one or two day this could create the miracle....the pic shows the post of vajra asana...now close ur eyes and facing east be calm start with ur left side... first then take the breath inward with the count that is 5 points to ur breath length once ur breath isfull hold it for a minute as u count this point u need to run ur mind to the place of the point going upwards with ur mental eye...now for the right side counting till 7.. repeat the same by going from down to top always in all the breath...hold for a minute then come to the centre spine as u run ur mental eye count till the 9 stay calm with closed eyes in the same position....u will find ur body becoming very hot...this is the sign of right breathing done....IF U HAVE ANY DOUBTS PLEASE CLARIFY BEFORE U DO THIS....then slowly come out of the calmness get up for ur usual day work........hope been of help regards sunkan

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kind attn Sunkan

Dear Sundari,

Can you kindly clarify two doubts:

1) Is this method outlined above only for adjusting menstrual periods?

2) What is the normal (routine) pranayamam method and count? (That is not for regulating menstruation, but for general circulation, well-being, hair growth etc)

3) Shld we start with exhale?

Thanks in advance
    affly
    Vidya

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear vidya,
    this is only to prepone the period that is if ur due date near by and u want to be sure to have it on that day then this will work...it raised the body temperature and brings the periodson.....i am not aware of other benefits..this was taught to me only for periods...in my yoga class...wanted to share so others too benefit.....there is no where in pranayama where u start with exhale it is always with inhale may be the holding of breath time may vary....hope i have cleared ur doubts and now i have also marked with numbers to start from no 1 onwards and the direction of thought towards ur upper body ...only this helps in raising the temperature...as u take the breath on one side with concentration hold for a few seconds and leave out and relax a minute then go for the second one....first the left side then the right side then the centre...hope have clarified well....regards sunkan...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2006
  9. nidhi4de

nidhi4de New IL'ite

tanning

can anyone help me by telling how to remove tanning

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  10. monalisa_shat

monalisa_shat New IL'ite

Remedy for tanning

Hi Nidhi

Rub some peeled patato (patato juice)on the tanning area.Live it for 10 mins the wash in cold water.You will definitely see the result in one week.Use everyday for one week.

Thanks
    Monalisa