Be Safe, be prepared and be alert!!! - Flood Alert & Relief in and around Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Shanvy, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

People of chennai and tn, the imd and other private weather forecasting agencies are predicting another spell of rains from a a low pressure that has developed.

Global models suspect TN rains may last whole of next week | Business Line

Heard from a few friends that there are contingency plans being set in most of the it firms, result of warning received that one of the days through 28 to dec 2 could pound chennai (even as i type i am keeping my fingers crossed that it is bearable rain)

So be careful, and be alert.

Have meds in stock. have groceries and drinking water in stock. and also keep in touch with friends for weather updates..

1 person likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

re: Be Safe, be prepared and be alert!!! - Flood Alert & Relief in and around Tamil Nadu

among our friends we call this weekend the season 3, as the last two spells of rains were during the weekend and ofcourse season 2 had a wetty, jammy show that left chennai stand still on monday..had friends who reach home in 40 minutes scale the same distance in 8 hours..seriously...

this was something i posted that happened during the 1st spell after diwali, just to share that there is a lot we can do to help each other..

one of the things that i suggested to my friends, when they said there was no water, please keep a bucket on the roof, balcony wherever you are getting rain water flow..filter it and use it for your basic necessities.

had a couple of families who were sitting on their bed for the whole day on sunday as water never showed signs of receding to move out.

if there is water seepage into your homes, please switch of the eb mains, and call up eb to inform the same. it helps keeping people safe..it is ok if there is no power..life is precious..

I am happy that the social networking has at least helped in giving many people a fair warning for this season 3..

stay safe people.

3. Gayathribalu

Gayathribalu New IL'ite

Re: Be Safe, be prepared and be alert!!! - Flood Alert & Relief in and around Tamil N

hi Shanvy,

Thank you so much for your alert on rain, though im seeing it late, it would've alerted many people in these forum. Chennai people somehow survived in these flood. we found humanity in each and everyone.