1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Be Calorie Conscious!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by krishnaamma, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Nischel

Nischel Senior IL'ite

Hi Krishaamma,
    your thread is nice and useful.I am a person of over weight although I am taller. I am 5; 10'' but i am 100 k.g.I am overweight.Irequest u to advise me
    what type of food has tobe taken Lowcarb/high carb,low calorie/high calorie
    food is to be taken.How many calories are to be taken by me pr day.Is there
    a table containng calories and food stuffs.can u supply it by a thread.
    Sd/nischel

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nischel,

Dont worry. Follow GM Diet if you can. I have already started a thread to

reduce weight with out fasting.

click here and in that you can get a list of food items and there calorie value.

I think this will help you . ALL THE BEST!

3. krishnaamma

Hi ladies,

I am seeing many posts that they could not reduce weight while doing GM diet.:thumbsdown
    The reason is, they are not calculating cal. If they calculate the cal of veg. and fruits which they are taking that will be more than their regular food.:cry:
    The result you could not reduce weight. More over you have to do exercise with that diet. When you calculate your intake cal. and spent cal. it will be easy for you to monitor your weight. I think this thread will help you in that way. Please know about cal. and then do dieting. This is my small advice.

4. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi Krishnamma,

This is really nice thread & very useful information:thumbsup. If u can suggest low cal dinner items that will be great. I read somewhere eating less at night (dinner) helpful in reducing weight.

Thank you so much :wave

veen

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. krishnaamma

Hi Veen,

Ya you are correct. eating less at night (dinner) will help in reducing weight. I have given some low cal./low fat break fast items in a thread and also gave some tiffens for Diabetic and you can gothrough them. So you can choose any tiffen from that for night. Or you can eat fruits and milk in night.

I am giving link here. So that it will be easy for you to go there and check. Just click on the link. All the best !

Snacks and Tiffens for Diabetic ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] krishnaamma

Low Fat/Low Cal Break fast items. ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    krishnaamma

6. gvk

gvk New IL'ite

Thanks for posting useful info

7. anuani2202

anuani2202 New IL'ite

dear Krishnamma,

i am a new commer to this site and i browsed through all ur postings on Diet and health.thanks for all ur inputs . but ma, me being a new comer to this site i am unable to view the attachement that you had provided for food with their calories. How do i view your attachment. kindly help i need to reduce nearly 20kgs. i really dont know from where to start .. adding on wt over the yrs didnt seem of much difficulty but now..thinkin on the ways to reduce has become herculus task.. anyway ma.. all ur posting and other posting has given me the confidence to carry on.

thanks a lot
    regards
    anu

8. krishnaamma

Hi Anu,

welcome to IL. I am really very very sorry I missed your post for a long time.bonk Dont worry, when you complete 50 posts, you will be able to see all those attachments. But before that you just click these links and go through them. You can follow the GM diet and you can reduce kgs. I have given many types of diet plans and read them and choose one which is suitable to you. ok ya?
    All the best ma.:2thumbsup: here are the links. Just click on them.

Reduce Weight without fasting. ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] krishnaamma

[​IMG] Sticky: GM Diet ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] anupama

9. krishnaamma

Hi anu,

how are you? I dont get any reply from you. have you seen my answer? now for more than 6 months, me and many ILs are following a new diet plan, which is made out of my own experience. :)

we all are reducing weight by following it regularly. you can also go through the diet plan and start. it is easy to follow and you can also try it. give a try for a week and see.

after stopping that; you will not put weight immediately. that is a plus point of that diet. You can see the link under my signature. it is 'Kitchuppa's diet plan' all the best for you:thumbsup

10. krishnaamma

Hi Anu,Where are you? :)