1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bay area ladies meet here

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by Shal, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Bay area places of worship

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend too. Lots of good-to-know info is being shared by us Bay area rockers!

Guess we can now start discussing various places of worship here in the bay area. I have been to the Livermore Shiva-Vishnu temple and the Sunnyvale temple. A good friend was saying that she has been to several others.

We could probably list the ones we have been to...wat say?

Also, what are your plans for Holi, is there a specific place you go to every year? A couple of places that I am aware of are The Stanford grounds and The Indian Community Center at Milpitas.

Love-
    Shalini

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Just a Thought!

Hey Shal and Others,

Why are the NJ people called 'Gals' and why are we 'Ladies' [​IMG] .Aren't we also gals.
    Lets be young at heart always.

Cheers

3. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Rock on gal!!

Hey Sunita,

Ladies was just meant to be cz this is indusladies.com! We sure are just gals inside out!!!

Love
    Shal
    p.s Hope the jersey gals soon find a way to co-ordinate and start talking good stuff which i am sure would be of use for ppl plng to visit/relocate to NY/NJ. Meanwhile, we gals can continue pouring our bunch of ideas here!!

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Mount Madonna center

Hi " Gals" !!!:p

Few would have heard about this center in the south bay. It is on hwy 152 on the way to Watsonville from Gilroy. Although the name sounds Christian, it is a yoga retreat and they have a very beautiful Hanuman Temple.

The setting is very peaceful and the views are awesome. Worth a visit definitely.

Vandhana

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

6. ridhi23

ridhi23 New IL'ite

Fremont hindu Temple

Hey everyone..I have been to only two temples in usa as of now..one is the livermore temple and the other i Fremont hindu temple. Since I live in union city fremont temple is very close to my place. Its not as big as the livermore temple but the croud is definitly huge. Lots and lots of peope vist the temple and it gives u the "back home" feel of temples. Also they have "preeti Bhojs" many days a week and lots of event too go on side by side.
    u can check it out at http://www.fremonttemple.org/
    Ridhima

7. shweta75

shweta75 New IL'ite

hi everyone

just came across this website...i am from santa clara...u should go to sunnyvale temple for holi...it is good fun...stanford does wet holi so fun for people who like to play with water

shweta

8. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Hi gals!!
    i have been to livermore temple,havent been to sunnyvale temple as i heard its just like a room with pictures of deities....i have heard the iskcon temple in san jose is good but havent been there yet...heres the website
    http://www.virtualtemple.org/

hey vandana,i havent heard about the hanuman temple that u have mentioned!will defenitely go there one day!

9. friends2b

friends2b New IL'ite

Hey, as far as restaurant is concerned, you can try out lunch buffet in Shiva's. It is in Mountainview. They had once served garam garam jalebi and it was the best I had it in U.S. The food is also good. Then there is another one in Burlingame, which goes by the name "Roti Bistro", it is bit on the expensive side but was also good.
    And yes! for chinese cuisine, go to 'House of NanKing'. Its the best chinese I ever had here in U.S. The food is mazedaar, spicy and very tasty. Oh! I forgot, it's in San Francisco.
    There are couple of Meditation Centers that are really good. One of them is Vedanta Society of Northern California in San Francisco. Just sitting in the dark, quite room and the feel of the air refreshes me and my mind. Its the place worth a visit.

10. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Hallo bay area gals!!!!
    whats up?long time no post?hey our group cannot die so fast!!!common gals keep this thread alive!!!how about discussing what we do with our spare time?or anything else!pls come up with suggestions...