1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Battling cracked lips- home remedies please

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Dinny, Sep 6, 2013.

1. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Dinny, I think it's probably an allergic reaction to the lipstick due to constant use. Prolonged use of any skincare product can be damaging.

Have you tried cucumber juice - it's a simple but effective way to soothe and hydrate chapped lips.
    Rub a juicy slice of cucumber on the lips and allow the skin to absorb it all.
    Afterwards, take a little bit of almond oil and massage it thoroughly all over the lips. This helps to seal in the moisture and keep lips soft and smooth. Do try it and see if it makes any difference!

1 person likes this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Sravani

Because you live in the same place as me i am guessing the same things might work well for me.
    Thansks sravani!!

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hey Radiantflower

I've to use lipsticks when i am having trainings,which happens just for 5 continious days.
    Otherwise i dont apply it on daily basis.

I have some almond oil at home.Let me try your remedy too.
    Thnaks :)

4. ns

ns Silver IL'ite

Yup. Try homemade ghee.

2 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thanks NS...
    I tried it last nite.i cant bear the smell & taste of it but still applied it.I hope it shows wonders soooon.Orelse i dont know for how long i'll have to bear this.

1 person likes this.
  6. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

If it is just a common lip chopping then you can apply any lip balm to your lips for every hour which clears your issue with in a week or two...but if it is actually cracking/ bleeding of lips and a frequent issue then it could be the deficiency of riboflavin vitamin (vitamin B2), nothing to worry you can take any B complex vitamin suppliment either through natural diet or through a capsule. actually B complex and C vitamins both are water soluble vitamins ,howmuch ever we take them through our diet they'll get excreted from our body every day . So we need to add them to our "everyday" diet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riboflavin#Riboflavin_deficiency

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. springwater

springwater Silver IL'ite

Hi Dinny,
    I am so sorry to hear this. I had this problem before a year it was due to body temp. Drink lot of water/ juice stop drinking coffee. Butter is the best one, apply at night and even before u go to work just apply a little bit of it. Since u asked for a lip moisture i would suggest Lancome jucy tubes - Moulin Rose and in Mac forgot the name but it comes in a jar cost around 15 bucks. The best one is Lancome. You just walkin into Macys and try those two brands. Walk around the mall with anyone lip gloss and see which one suits you. Gud luck..

1 person likes this.
  8. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Dinny: Didnt read the response but my all time solution is apply ghee in the night before sleeping.. It has woked as charm for me

1 person likes this.
  9. shradkul

shradkul Junior IL'ite

yes , i agree with the above posts...that Homemade Butter is the best..if u cannot/do not make butter at home..buy unsalted butter and apply it (apply butter which is kept @ room temperature)..this is tried and tested..whenever the weather changes..too hot or the cold climate starts, my lips starts cracking esp at the joints ..condition is so worse that i can't even talk, eat,drink calmly.. it pains a lot..the skin becomes so dry there that if u see it, it looks as if someone /myself has cut the skin at the joints of the lips [joints here means where our lips join, :p]..and i apply butter once or twice or the moment my lips dry out, just a day or two and they r back to normal :D

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

@imemyself , @springwater, @chitravivek, @shradkul

Thank you all.
    I am trying ghee these days.The peeling has stopped.But am still worried what if it begins all over again when i stop applying ghee.
    I hope its just because of climate change.