Basanth Panchami

Discussion in 'Festivals & Special Days' started by sudhabatni, Feb 11, 2008.

1. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hello ILites,

Today is Basanth Panchami. It is Hindu religious, spring festival celebrated every year of the Indian month Magh the first day of spring season.
    It is very auspicious day by celebrating the goddess Saraswathi birthday, the goddess of knowledge, music and art. The colour yellow plays and important role in this festival. Goddess saraswathi is dressed in yellow garments and worshipped in kolkata.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

Yes I know about this bengali function. Actually my brother's wife is a bengali girl. And do you know one thing, as per Tamil calander, that is as per 'star' today is my birthday. Every 'Vasantha Panchami' day is my birthday. My Brother's wife used to say that is why I am cleaver.:thumbsup

Happy Vasantha Panchami !

3. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Dear krishnamma,

Thank you very much for your response. Today I started this thread but i was so pity on myself as there was no response to this topic. But I am soooo happy to see your reply. Oh, according to your calender today is your birthday so it is very auspicious. I would not forget this day to wish you next year.

Thanks to your sister-in-law to remind you again regarding your spl star birthday. I kindly wish you again for your star birthday.One more, How was your wedding anniversary this year. Expecting very memorable day this time.Kindly write up your ......

Happy Birthday:clap:clap:clap:clap

Regards

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,

Thanks for wishing me for my Star Birthday! This year I am here with my Husband and we celeberated our wedding day well. Because of Friday he had weekly off. (Here in Saudi Thurs days and Fridays are week end). So he spent full day with me. I am so happy about your enquiry. Once again thanks for wishing me.

[​IMG]