1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bare Minerals

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by Riyasmommy, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi, has anybody used or is using Bare Minerals line of cosmetics? I have a friend who uses it and swears by it and she's caucasian. I want to know if it's as effective and good on Indian skin. Most importantly if they have the right shades for Indian skin tones.

Thanks
    Raj

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Raj,

I have been Bare minerals for over 5 months, i absolutely love this product, though i am a SAHM.... i use it whenever i go out and i find it does defn add a bit more glow to ur skin. My skin is tan and it perfectly blends with my skin tone. What i like most about the product is Its very very light and doesn't appear as if u have loaded urself with the paint:).

I will defn ask u to go for it and its worth the money spent ....

vaidehi

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vaidehi. My friend said the same thing that it's very light, not cakey at all. She even said that there were a couple times she even slept with the make up on!

How did you order yours and how did you find your shade?

Raj

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Raj, i got it from sephora outlet during thanksgiving weekend. My friend who had a 15 $ coupon fwded it to me and i grabbed them with both hands. u can visit any sephora outlets at any shopping malls and they will get u the matching shade for ur skin tone.

yeah me too heard that its safe enough to sleep with this makeup on, But never dared to do so:).

vaidehi

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Great! i just did a search and it seems like there's a Sephora outlet close by. One more question - did you buy the starter kit with all the brushes and everything or did you just buy the make up? If you don't mind, can you share how much you spent the first time? You can PM me too, if you prefer.

Raj

6. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Raj, i got the starter kit(inclusive of all brushes and cd).... its priced at 60 $, but then as i said i had a coupon for 15 $ so finally i paid some 45 $ + tax. The Person who did the intial trial on me also gave me a sample eye concealer since i do have some dark circles under my eyes. The kit has two sets of foundation,mineralveil powder and warmth. Though they come in small plastic containers ....u require a very tiny amount for day to day use.... So i guess the entire kit will last for more than 7- 8 mths easily and its worth the money paid.

All the best and do letme know if u happen to buy it.:)

vaidehi

7. chennai girl

chennai girl New IL'ite

Does the makeup stays throughout the day? Do u look fresh till the end of the day?

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Vaidehi, I ended up buying the starter kit and I LOVE it. :) It feels and looks so natural.

chennai girl, the make up does stay throughout the day, but it also depends on the climate. Here the weather is pleasant, we don't sweat as much so the make up stays longer. I have been using it for a week now. If you buy the starter kit, it comes with Mineral veil (or you can buy it separate). Mineral veil is applied on top of your foundation and it helps the makeup stay longer.

Raj

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear Raj,

Cool.... i bet it defn adds a glow to ur face isn't it? Glad that u liked it and love it. Did u also get a sample eye concealer with it.?

vaidehi

10. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

No, I didn't. I got a face primer and a free 10 day supply of foundation and a mini travel brush free. It does add a glow, yes! I think I have found my makeup. :thumbsup

Raj