Banquet Halls in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by AnithaA, Feb 14, 2008.

1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Hello all,

My sister-in-law is pregnant and we are looking for a banquet hall to conduct her seemantham ceremonies. There will be a big crowd and so it can't be done at home. Can anybody suggest good hotels(not 5 star, that will stretch the budget a lot! :-D) where both the hall and food will be good? I've searched and searched on the net but am unable to come up with more than a couple of hotels. Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,
    Anitha

2. nagesh

nagesh New IL'ite

Hi

You can try Hotel Park at the corner of Nungambakkam High Road and Gemini Fly over. The hall and also the food will be very good. We did one function there recently. Everyone enjoyed the food.

Regards
    Padma

3. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Depending on the crowd that you are expecting , you can hire the hall and arrange for the catering.

There are a couple of decent halls in adyar .. not too expensive ... but decent.

cheers

Bhooma

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AnithaA,

I think you are from ullagaram. I think you could explore the idea bhooma has given. if you have no particular areas, you could try the sudharshana mahal on the 6th mainroad in nglr,ganesh mandal near varasitthi vinayagar temple in nangallur, or also there are few mandapams in the medavakkam high road..though SRK mahal could be little costly.

5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Nagesh, Bhooma and Shanvy,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. My SIL's husband managed to fix the hall where my husband and I got married. Its in Purasaiwakam but the hall is good. So not a problem at all. Thanks again!

Regards,
    Anitha

6. guhapriya

guhapriya New IL'ite

Hai
    I would like to know if there are any banquet halls in East coast road or any Mini halls and kalyana mandaps to hold a function for 50 to 100 people