Bangalore schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by sajita, Feb 15, 2008.

1. karish

karish New IL'ite

Hosur International school

Hi

I was breaking my head, and done lot of research on schools. I had visited nearly 10 schools to join my 3.5 year old daughter. I wanted a one that gives focus on academics, arts, music, swimming , karate, yoga, etc. I think that only bookish knowledge is not enough for the children. I found some international schools in Bangalore of this kind but they were too expensive, starting we got to pay 2 lakhs and when the child comes to 10th grade we have to spend nearly 15 lakhs. So I was little upset thinking of the child's education.

Later, I came to know about Hosur International School, it was exactly the one what I was looking for. They have student centric approach and they have good relationship with parents. So I opted that school. More over the environment is too good, pollution free, beautiful garden, etc. And the fees is very reasonable, It is only 50k to 60k p.a

If anyone is looking for a similar kind of school like me and go to this school.

I had joined my kid in that school.

I think this information will be useful for many of you

Karish

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Shahla

Shahla New IL'ite

Suggest me a good school

Hi,
    I m staying in hoskur gate near electronic city ,bnagalore.Pls suggest me a good school for my kid (3yrs nd 4 months).I came to know the following schools

1. SFS (icse syllb)
    2. Ebnezer
    3. Treamis

Among these which one s the best?anybody's kid going to treamis?how s dis school?

Thanking you
    shahla

3. karish

karish New IL'ite

Re: Suggest me a good school

Hi

I joined my kid in Hosur International school, it follows the international curriculum with swimming, karate arts, music...and fee is very nominal compared to schools in Bangalore. I think their busses come to Hoskur Gate. My kid goes from EC and it takes 30 mins approx.

Karish

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
  4. Shahla

Shahla New IL'ite

Re: Suggest me a good school

Thankyou for ur reply.......Can you pls tell me how s the fee structure nd correct distance from hoskur gate?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. jyothi1980

jyothi1980 New IL'ite

Hello Sajitha,

I can provide you lot of info on Cluny Convent. I am a ex-student of this school and I know that this school has changed a lot now. This school is affiliated to the ICSE Board. Admission starts from LKG. No Pre- KG there. A strict age bar of 4 years as on May 31st for that current year.

Fees is not soo expensive it comes around 46K inclusive of all as I had enquired for the last academic year . As far as I have seen they dont entertain admissions inbetween. Even though they do, they take huge donations.

As far as the syllabus is concerned, if u study from LKG the teachers will well equip you till the board exams. the syllabus was managable as far as you have the hang of it. Curricular, sports are excellent.

But one thing to get admission in this school you need to have high influence, maybe it would be better if you know anyone from the school management or the Teachers....

Best of luck....

6. Jayamurari

Jayamurari New IL'ite

Hi,

My son is studying in a montessori school in Koramnagals. Right now he is into M2. After montessori which Board of education is good? CBSE or ICSE.

Some people say that ICSE is very tough and give more importance only to language. I am basically from a CBSE background and know its standard is good.

But i am really confused when i have to decide it for my son.
    Can anyone help me please.

Regards,
    JayaMurari

7. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Jayamurari:

Actually, Gear International School continues on montessori lines even in the higher classes - ofcourse they have state and another board (forget whether it is ICSE or CBSE). This is if you are keen to continue with Montessori system. Coming to your query of ICSE or CBSE - here is what the principal of Kumaran's school had to say:

ICSE - gives more importance to English language. So more apt for those with a flair for English.

CBSE - here is the stress is on Science. People who are likely to be transferred prefer CBSE for their children. Also, I find the standards for Hindi very high in this syllabus.

When compared to state syllabus, both ICSE as well as CBSE can be considered tough.

I would suggest you make a decision on practical terms - like is there a possiblity of transfer, in the places where you are likely to be transferred - what is the most preferred system and finally, whether your child can cope with the syllabus.

A friend of mine moved her son from CBSE to state syllabus when she found that her son was finding it difficult to cope with the syllabus.

Hope this lessens your confusion:)

Sindhu

8. nuthangupta

nuthangupta New IL'ite

Dear All,
    If u r planning to put your little one in We Care,then this is not at all a right place.They try to impress parents with the toys that they got from US (Which also we get it in India) and with their specious class rooms.Believe me I was with them few months so I have experienced it.People like Reshma and Sonal hire teachers who r not well qualified ,they wants someone who work for them 6 to 10 hours for very less salary.What I wants to say is that they charge heavily but poor quality of education.Reshma is also a heartless lady that I have ever seen in my life." More u pay,More quality u get"is not true here.The logo "We Care" doesn't apply here for your kids,that applies for your money.

9. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Dear nuthangupta,

I appreciate for your candid feedback on We Care.
    It would help the other parents here if you give out the details as
    - is this a playhome or a montessori?
    - in which area is this located
    - how much did they charge?
    - what was your experience?
    - did they treat your child badly?, etc.

If you let such details known, then it would help the parents decide on this!

Thanks,
    Hema

10. Lokeshdeepa

Lokeshdeepa New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm currently based in Mumbai & will shift to Bangalore on permanent basis next year April/May timeframe.

I'm looking out for good schools in North bangalore for my daughter who will turn 3.6 yrs next may (2010).

I guess i need to look for nursery/pre-KG admission for my daughter as per her age. I'm not sure about the age bar for school admissions in bangalore.

Please suggest me some good schools near Yelahanka (ICSE & CBSE) and their admission process with tentative dates for collecting forms, registration, admission....

Thanks in advance...

-Lokesh