Bangalore schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by sajita, Feb 15, 2008.

1. anukvs

anukvs Senior IL'ite

Re: urgent help for schools in bangalore

Hi,

Having come from Bangalore, my two cents on a few school in South Bangalore.

1. Brigade School - JP Nagar 7th Phase. Relatively new school (4 years). Good infrastructure and facilities. Initially started as Brigade PSBB and now its just Brigade school. My kids studied there and i was very happy with that school

2. PSBB LLF - this is the branch of the Chennai PSBB in collaboration with LLF. They are 2 years old and follow the same teaching principles of PSBB, Chennai. Have few of my friends kids studying there and they are doing very good.

3. There are a few more schools like - Sudarshan Vidya Mandir, St.Johns etc apart from DPS, NPS and Kumaran that you can find in South Bangalore.

All the schools have website, where most of the information is available.

All the best.

Anu

2. vista

vista New IL'ite

[241692]SHRI VIDYA NIKETAN SCHOOL & COLLEGE

Shri Vidya Niketan Scbool & Pre-University College

<TD background=images/gray_dott.jpg height=35>Welcome to Shri Vidya Niketan School & Pre-University College <TD width=6 height=35>

<TD background=images/gray_curve_line.jpg height=35>[​IMG]<TD vAlign=top height=150><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TD class=hometext width="66%">Shri Vidya Niketan School & Pre-University College(SVNSC) provides to meet the every child's need effectively. Through a challenging curriculum and an atmosphere that enhances experiential learning, students will strive for academic excellence, develop a love for learning and create a strong vision of the possiblities for their own futures. The students will be empowered to contribute these skills and talents to the need of our dynamic socity.
    The school follows the syllabus according to CBSE curriculum. Education is the greatest asset that a child can possess. Good education prepares a child to become a capable, competent and responsible member of the society. Character building and inculcation of the moral values is an essential part of a good education system at SVNSC. We endeavor to provide such an education system.

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#c0c0c0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=1><TD vAlign=top align=right width="17%">Address:<TD vAlign=top width="83%">No.724/9, Bilishivale,
    Dodda Gubbi Post,
    Bangalore - 562149.

<TD vAlign=top align=right>Phone:91-080-65659041, 65659042, 32986197, 25472885<TD vAlign=top align=right>Mobil:<TD vAlign=top>9448082885, 9341766570, 9449826597<TD vAlign=top align=right>Email:<TD class=bodytext vAlign=top>info@svnsc.com,admissions@svnsc.com, principal@svnsc.com[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2008
  3. Nivedha357

Nivedha357 New IL'ite

Hi to all, I went through the schools in B'lore. I would like to know the best and good schools in Jalahalli, Rajaji Nagar, Malleshwar as well as about those areas... I would like your experiences or hearabouts of those schools. Thank you.

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Nivedha:

Schools in Jalahalli - I think there is a Kendriya Vidyalaya or a military school. Close by, in Yelahanka - Aditi Mallya school and Delhi Public School.

Rajaji Nagar : National Public school, NAFL.

Malleshwaram : Cluny convent, Nirmala Rani - both these are school for girls.

Rajaji nagar and Malleshwaram are areas closer to the heart of Bangalore whereas Jalahalli is more on the out skirts - IAF airforce base is located in Jalahalli. Of the three, Malleshwaram is the oldest area.

Someone local to these areas could provide details about experiences / school.

Sindhu

5. Nivedha357

Nivedha357 New IL'ite

Thanks SindhuRao for your reply and info. Atlast in which school did you put your kid. I tried calling to KV's, DPS and few schools but was not able to reach them and even mailed them but no response what should I do? Time is running out.

6. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Nivedha:

My son went to Kumarans - in South Bangalore while we were there.

When are you planning to move? Normally, they respond to emails. But now it is summer holidays over there, so maybe you have to wait until end of May.

Schools reopen around 22nd of May in certain schools, so try around that time.

Sindhu

7. Nivedha357

Nivedha357 New IL'ite

Thanks again SindhuRao, yes you are right bonk. How is Kumaran's by the way? what about their tuition fee and their admission guidelines (the things you know).

8. pranitha

pranitha New IL'ite

:ideaHey ladies,
    Getting admissions in b'lore schools i found is really tough. Even we have plans to move there again, can any body suggest schools near surjapur and areas around.
    For my kids 2nd and 3rd language was really tough . Can any one suggest good residential schools around the same area?

Thanks

9. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Hi Pranitha,

The schools on Sarjapur Road are Delhi Public School, India International, St. Peter's.

On the outer ring road, towards Koramangala, there is GreenWoods High which most people coming from US/UK prefer.

I have friends whose kids go to these schools and all are satisfied with their respective institutions.

May be Greenwoods high and India International are residential, not sure though. You can check their website and find out. I think the links are provided in some earlier post in this very thread.

Cheers,
    Sonalika

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Nivedha:

When my son got admission in Kumaran's, I found it to be one of the most reasonable schools as far as fees was concerned - we paid 10k building fund and 10k fees for lower KG class. I don't know about the donation now since they had plans of moving to a bigger campus combining ICSE and CBSE schools.

Teaching was good, homework was minimal and no exams until 5th standard but they used to have monthly tests given without any notice to parents (more like surprise tests) which I thought was a good idea. Overall, I was quite happy with the school other than the fact that the school was a little far away for my son.

Sindhu