Bangalore schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by sajita, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi puni88:

Had a tough time during my son's admission to school in Bangalore, so thought this could probably ease the problem a little! Though what lies ahead of choosing the right school is a long ardous task but something you cannot shoo or shy away!!

Sindhu

2. sajita

sajita New IL'ite

Hi All...

Thanks for the reply. Yes, My daughter is studying in Cbse stream. We have contacted Cluny Convent, but as they are ICSE, we dropped that case. Also contacted some other schools like Freedom International, Deens Academy, Vidya Niketan and Kensiri. Already they informed of the test and waiting for the dates. Hope it will turn positive.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,
    Sajita.

3. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

I'm sure it will all turn out fine. If you are very keen on a particular school offering ICSE, you should probably, just checkout with the school authorities. Basically, ICSE board concentrates more on English language whereas CBSE emphasises on Science. But honestly, I have no idea as to the possibility of change of board.

Sindhu

4. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I dont know the difference between cbse n icse school. i m so sorry about that. please tell me which one is a better option. abd which stream will you chose for your kid.
    thanks

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi:

CBSE is Central Board of Secondary Education. All Kendriya Vidyalayas follow this board. There are several private schools also following this stream. CBSE gives more importance to Science as a subject and is known to be of high standard.

Earlier people chose CBSE if they were in transferable jobs (banks, government service, etc) because you find Kendriya Vidyalayas normally in most big cities. And Kendriya Vidyalayas reserve certain amount of seats for such children whose parents have transferrable jobs like those in the army, navy, airforce as well.

ICSE - most convent / christian missionary schools follow this board. As with CBSE, there are many private schools that follow ICSE board. ICSE gives more importance to English language. Compared with CBSE, they say ICSE is easier.

Finally, there are also state board schools which follow the state government syllabus.

Again, there are a few schools which offer all three boards of education like Sri Kumaran's Children Home and Oxford English school in South Bangalore.

When we were making a selection of the stream for my son, the school principal said that you should think of putting your child into CBSE or ICSE if you want the child to concentrate on academics. But if you want the child to excel in sports then you should go for state board since the syllabus is less compared to CBSE or ICSE.

I hope this helps.

Sindhu

6. krnind

krnind Junior IL'ite

urgent help for schools in bangalore

hi all

i am kirti and my husband is just transfered to bangalore.. now i presume that all school admissions are over.. can any one help me i want admission for my 5yr old daughter in class I and 2.10months old dughter in class nursery.i would prefer CBSE course. and specifically in these areas JPnagar, jaynagar, bansankari, basvanthgudi..my husbands office is at RV road, southend.

Pls help me its urgent......

thanks
    bye
    kirti

7. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Re: urgent help for schools in bangalore

hi kirti

Welcome to Bangalore.

there are lots of threads on bangalore schools in this forum. You can go thru them and get the details.

I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Cheers
    Sonalika.

8. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Hello Kirti

Just now i saw u r post. Sunday morning i came from bangalore to hyderabad after completing my kid admission process. We both r in same boat. We are moving to bangalore from hyderabad. As u have mentioned u r choice is CBSE School u please contact Oxford High school in JP Nagar Phase - I , where i have taken admission application form and waiting their call .

In banashankari area on kanakapura road exactly opposite to Delhi public school Alphine school is there. They also have some seats. This alphine will be nearer place to banashankari and more over they have branch in hyderabad with Cbse syllabus.

Can u send me private message with u r details so that i will call u so that we both can share our school admission experiences.I will try my best to help u.

Oneof my friend told me one small school named My home in basvanthgudi.
    I do not have any idea on this school.

regards

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  9. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Hello Kirti

Just now i saw u r post. Sunday morning i came from bangalore to hyderabad after completing my kid admission process. We both r in same boat. We are moving to bangalore from hyderabad. As u have mentioned u r choice is CBSE School u please contact Oxford High school in JP Nagar Phase I where i have taken admission application form and waiting their call .

In banashankari area on kanakapura road exactly opposite to Delhi public school Alphine school is there. They also have some seats. This alphine will be nearer place to banashankari and more over they have branch in hyderabad with Cbse syllabus.

Can u send me private message with u r details so that i will call u so that we both can share our school admission experiences.I will try my best to help u.

Oneof my friend told me one small school named My home in basvanthgudi.
    I do not have any idea on this school.

regards

10. krnind

krnind Junior IL'ite

hi
    thanks to both for ur reply...

can u tell me wht happend abt ur kids admission at oxford school...i am leaving for blroe today n will be going to that schools on sat.. do u hv any idea wht is th fees like there.....

thanks bye
    kirti