1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Balloons!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Feb 3, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

It was just another day in my life. Only that I found myself in a new place. Though shocked, I somehow found it easy to adapt there. I was asked to stand in an already longer line, which kept moving slowly, like a conveyor belt in motion.

I did and was wondering where we all were going. Nobody even made an attempt to talk, so, I was talking to myself a bit. We were led to a large room which had so many tiny windows, all on the same side, placed about 1 feet away from each other. As directed by an attendant, we all went and stood before them [one per window]. All of them were open and led to a vision of hundreds of people inflating something on their own.

They all were of the same colour, which I cannot name now. While some inflated their balloons to be much bigger, some of them did stop after theirs were of a moderate size. Some left theirs, when the balloon size was just about a handful. I was curious at first and confused and bored later. "Why am I here?", I was saying to myself. But I also wanted to know the mystery behind the 'balloons'. I asked the attendant, what they all were doing. "Didn't you realize? They are filling up life in to formless bodies!", he said. The world seemed to swirl before me and I leaned on a wall nearby, trying to understand the entire thing.

"Tell me then! Those things that are inflated big, are indicating that people having those will live much longer! Isn't it?", I asked.

"Actually, its the other way around!", he said, smiling.

p.s. 1 - "But why am I here and seeing this strange thing?", I asked. "At the end of the tour, you will either be one of those lifeless bodies to be inflated, or join the ones that blow!", he said.

p.s. 2 - [Added later] I woke up confused, as usual.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Nice one. Is this based on South Koreans sending baloons with supplies to North Korea that was published this week?

This is a great lesson that we could become lifeless not being useful to others and remain also ran or can spread our wings and get inflated to help others and make it purposeful.

3. rgsrinivasan

I don't know about the South Korea helping North Korea stuff Viswamitra. But I am very glad to receive a feedback from you, to this post. I know that this is very abstract, though. Thanks. -rgs

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

On Monday, there was a news with photographs of South Koreans sending baloons filled with supplies to North Koreans as good will. It got wide publicity as it could lead to another merger of North and South like East and West Germany. I thought that this news triggered you to write this. What a coincidence and timing for you to write this. It looks like all good people all over the world are thinking alike.

Viswa

5. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

that was a beautiful one indeed..

6. rgsrinivasan

I heard that appreciations are of two kinds Viswamitra. One is for what you have achieved. The other is that which hopes that you will achieve. I hope that your appreciation was of the second kind. Thanks a lot but. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Sapthu, for your appreciation. Glad to receive your feedback. -rgs

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A thought provoking abstract rgs..... makes me think that this dream signifies that at the end of our lives we either get into another cycle of life with another body or if we are blessed enough end our cycle and step up a little higher to join the elite group that is close to Him that generates life.

But i wonder why the balloons with more air(life) blown into it would have less life??!! but then again this is all a dream and we cannot read too much into it and anyways all of the above is just a guesswork of my mind that wants order and reason for everything!!

Great one RGS!!

Akila

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks first, for your appreciation and a nice feedback Akila. Coming to your doubt, I was trying to push the idea that the stuffed up balloons are the ones with a gloated ego and a shorter temper. They always soar up when life throws them an issue and waste their resources and health.

Thanks,
    RG Srinivasan