Baked cake never soft at home ? dont know the reason please help

Discussion in 'Cuisines of India' started by Sonu123, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Sonu123

Sonu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi people,

i am first time trying out this section of ILs ... infact found it just today .. interesting section ...

i wanted a help from u people ... i am a learner in cooking and recently twice i baked cake in oven ... it was good eatable ... but wasnt as soft and fluffy as we get cakes in pastry shops .. i dont knw why .. i did check out from internet and try the recipe ...

Like i made spinach cake and once carrot cake ..

Added carrot / spinach, with required amount of sugar, vanilla custard powder very little , 1 or 2 egg depending on the quantity of main ingredient (carrot / spinach) and 2 tspn of oil and mixed it in the mixer ...

in a bowl had maida, baking soda , 2 tspn lemon juice and pinch of salt ...... and mixed both the things properly and greased the baking tray and put it in the oven ...

the oven temperature was pre heat to 375F for 10 minutes .. again i kept the cake for 30 minutes same temperature ... this was the procedure i did follow ... but the thing is the cake was good to eat .. but hmm it wasnt soft :(

please help me and guide me if i am doing something wrong or missing on something please ...

Thanks in advance ,
    Soni

2. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Add BAking soda and leave it for few minutes before you bake. Cakes will be fluffy

3. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Add baking soda in flour...I feel you temperature setting is wrong....try on lower setting....

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Try baking Soda + Lime Juice..It makes the Cake very Fluffy and soft

5. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Don't over beat / mix the cake batter.

6. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Yes the temperature should be low while baking the cake...Egg should not be added if you add lemon...And before you pour the cake batter in the tray, add baking soda + lime juice ...By that time the oven should already be preheated at 250 degree.Try this method and reduce the temperature to 180 degree while the cake is baking. m sure the cake will turn out to be fluffy and soft....This will be basically eggless cake...

7. arunasairam

arunasairam Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies ,

Even I have the same problem .. what should the approximate temperature be ? Kindly advise

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

baking never forgives mix-up in measurements and temperature.

i don't understand the need for lemon if you are using eggs..

lemon/vinegar and baking soda is used when you are trying eggless..

i feel somewhere the recipe has got mixed..not that i am a expert at baking, but an novice with eggless baking.