1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Experience With Desi's!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by ThirumathiJ, Jan 18, 2017.

1. ThirumathiJ

ThirumathiJ Silver IL'ite

Hahahaha Sokanasanah - I am amused by some comments I get here. :) Few of them were actually suggesting what all mistakes I could have done. Few were justifying the selfish acts. Maybe it hit a chord, I guess, I am to be blamed for that. That, I admit. :)

JustAnotherGirl - hahahaha you are right, this has gotten way too cynical. For a moment I was thinking if my ex-neighbors got into this forum and writing few of the comments, when some of them were like....what did you do? Maybe your gourmet food that you thought was a stale one that they had to thow....hahahaha seriously some people are beyond ridiculous! Had good fun though.

VRU - I agree with you. If I was ranting about the housewife's plight in discovering selfishness, you have described the working group. I was actually looking for all the bad experiences Desis cause us, and you brought up a good point. So sad why our guys behave so badly. I have a fair share of bad experiences in work environment - like what you said, they withhold information that they are supposed to share. They dare not talk in their stupid tone to non Indians the way they talk to Indians. This is another depressing discussion, but fun to talk about. :) :) :)

You can't really say they came from a uncivilized environment, so that is why they behave in such a manner. Because they seem to be well behaved in front of locals. :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Maybe she went around saying Bye and you were not home? Possible?

3. ThirumathiJ

JustAnotherGirl - hahahaha you are right, this has gotten way too cynical. For a moment I was thinking if my ex-neighbors got into this forum and writing few of the comments, when some of them were like....what did you do? Maybe your gourmet food that you thought was a stale one that they had to thow....hahahaha seriously some people are beyond ridiculous! Had good fun though.
    Yes Of-Course. Now I remember I actually went out on that day. Yeppaaa......:(

4. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

I don see anyone in the thread, who justified the selfish acts. Everyone, only tried to give a different perspective... Mostly, the replies were to let go..

5. ThirumathiJ

Comments Nahi he :)

I know you were just explaining your viewpoint. Appreciate it! I see your point.
    Btw this thread I just created for fun just to list out everybody's bad experience.
    I AM NOT WORRIED AT ALL.... :)

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That figures. Maybe she waited to see you go out, and then started her "Say Bye" rounds.

peartree likes this.
  7. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

Hi thirumathi,

It's as if you have spoke my mind!! I have had some very very similar experiences to yours and though it happens again..it doesn't hurt any less :( when we are in a foreign land and away from family we all expect to find support mutually in our own desi people. Nothing materialistic or any help but just a hi hello makes a big difference.

I love making friends too and the experience has made me realize so
    Many things :(

8. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

No problem.. Probably, I should add it to my list of experiences.. ;) Just kidding..

9. ThirumathiJ

Hi Shri - what did you do to them? maybe you bugged them too much. Or they were busy with their life, nobody has the time. Or they came knocking your door, and you were not at home.
    Hahahaha I was just being a bitch - just trying to be funny here :)

I understand to well dear Shri :) Lets cross our fingers to not meet these kinds of selfish ones in our lives anymore... ) There are nice ones...quite a few left. :)

shri0218 likes this.
  10. shri0218

shri0218 Silver IL'ite

haha..I wish it was one of them!! Just kidding :p but yeah..it's unfortunate that we come across such people in our life but am sure there are really nice ones..and looking forward to meet such ..good luck to you as well.. :)