1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Breath

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by thavamalar, Oct 18, 2008.

1. thavamalar

thavamalar Senior IL'ite

Below are some tips to help get rid of bad breath :cheers:

Bad Breath can be stopped by brushing your teeth more often. Most dentists will tell you to brush three times a day, once after every meal. Don't forget to floss and brush your tongue. The plaque found on your tongue and between your teeth is a part of the problem.

Bad Breath can be prevented by gargling with mouth wash regularly. Brushing your teeth is fine, but for those hard to reach places where bacteria grow over-night, mouth wash is the way to get to do it. Gargle for at least 30 seconds in the morning, making sure to get as far down your throat as possible. Rinse with water afterwards to make sure all of the junk is flushed out.

Prevent bad breath by changing your diet. Your saliva is naturally acidic, helping to prevent bad breath and protect your teeth, but the bacteria in your mouth can adapt. The acids and fiber found in fruits and vegetables will help uproot and kill much of the bacteria. So go have a fruit salad for lunch instead of those ramen noodles!

Stimulants are a major cause of bad breath. Things like coffee and amphetamines tend to dry out your mouth, allowing plaque and bacteria to thrive. Stay away from alertness medications, some cold medications, and energy drinks.

Smoking is a well known cause of bad breath. Smoking not only leaves the nasty smell of smoke, but it also tends to dry out your mouth, leaving bacteria to flourish.

Source: Jonathan Hatch - How to Get Rid of Bad Breath

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Thanks you for sharing this vital info :)

I want to add one more - Chewing cardamon regularly as help.

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

thanks for sharing the information...

4. thavamalar

thavamalar Senior IL'ite

You are most welcome my friend :rotfl

5. Pete

Pete New IL'ite

Thanks for the information... I really appreciate this information as i myself suffer from bad breath ...

6. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi

very good information.......Thanks for sharing:thumbsup

rgds

Roopa

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  7. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi

Great tips.I just want to add here that Using Mouth wash stains the teeth.That is what my dentist told me.She advised me not to use mouthwash regualrly.Instead use salt in warm water as mouthwash would be best.

Priti

8. rose1

rose1 Senior IL'ite

Thanks the valuable piece of information.

:thumbsup

9. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Awesome tipss.. except for brushing three times a day !! :) I suppose no Dentist would advise it three times a day.. But gargling after every meal is so very must !!

Pritirach,

Your Dentist was so right about the stain due to mouthwashes.. it is not advised to use the same everyday. Warm salt water is a safe bet !! :)

Best Luck..

10. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Brushing alone only cleans up to about 60% of bacteria from the teeth surface and gumline. Flossing removes food trapped between teeth, which would otherwise turn hard and smelly. Go for atleast 2 dental checkups a year.
    When did you last visit your dentist?