1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Back to Pavilion with heavy heart and sweet memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 22, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I am back to my sweet home after a wonderful trip to Dubai. But missing my daughter, son in law, son and grand daughter, especially my grand daughter because she used to keep me busy and active with her naughtyness.

I miss the early morning Coffee which is of pure milk boiled and bru and sugar added. Here we add water to the milk and boil and have with filter coffee which has a different taste. Then the fresh vegetables, fruits etc. Then going in car everywhere comfortably.

My daughter and son in law gifted a Huawei mobile and uploaded bakthi songs in that. So enjoyed the music morning while cooking. Its so nice listening to bakthi songs early morning. When I heard the song Enna thavam cheydano Yasodha, I felt we are also have did thava to have such loving grand daughters . Gopika used to keep me busy singing and dancing and making me tell stories. I told her story about budda bhaba my own story and everytime she wll ask me to tell and everytime I have to say somethingdifferent. Recently she heard a song in malayalam,

Sare Sare Sambhare
    Sarin vitteel kalyanam
    Kakai vilambum Upperi
    Poochai vilambum Puliseri
    Nakai neeti nannale
    Yanai vilambu sambandhi

She used to enjoy singing that song and dancing on that song. Everything I used to like about her but only sometimes it is difficult to make her eat , there will be yuddham betweeen her and her mother, also drinking milk she does not like. Her mother will make milk and keep on the table which is kept in a glass cup. I used to get scared that the cup should not fall down because her hands are very fast. While drinkng her left hand will be fidgting something or other. Whole day she is very active , dont know from where she get the energy. Pray to God to keep her always healthy and happy.

We left on 20th night. The flight was at 11.45 pm Dubai time and we reached Mumbai at 4.15 a.m. Both did not get sleep whole night. We had bags in ou rhand too. Luckily there was a vehicle going wen we came inside the airport and the driver took us also so we could go comfortably in that , otherwise we had to walk a long distance. There was a Tamil Gentleman near the baggage and he helped us to remove the suitcases. Also helped us in bookng the meru cab. By the time we came home it was 5.45 a.m. Here also luckily our neighbour was down in the Milk Booth and he told us to carry the bags and he bought the suitcases. Otherwise climbing 3 floors with suitcase would hav ebeen very difficult. Thank God.

My dh lied down for one hour But I did not and was very tired without sleep. My brother in law's son called and told us to come for lunch. My husband as usual had to go as someone expired to help. I went to brother in law's house and later he joined. Daughter in law prepared yummy lunch, chapathi, paneer with gravy and pulao. We rested there after lunch and came back home after coffee at 5.30 pm. Brother in law also gave dosa batter for the night. So I had not to cook yesterday and night also only made dosas. Usually I sleep late and yesterday went to sleep at 10 pm and had good sleep.

We are blessed and thank God for the pleasures he give us and opportunities to enjoy

6 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

However much happily we spend vacation with daughters and sons, it can't be denied that we have a clear zone of comfort in our house, however small, uncomfortable it may be.
    Sweet memories!
    Every time we return from US, my grandson used to weep and persuade us to extend our stay.During our journey back we used to talk a lot about the naughty grandchildren.
    As we reach Chennai, lot of our problems- dusting the closed house,milk, groceries,telephones from our relatives throng us and slowly we are back to our own routine.Children at the other end also restore normalcy without our presence. That is life.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.
  3. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Happy for you Vijima :)

1 person likes this.
  4. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

I pray God to keep you happily always as now

My prayers too for kutti and chutty Gopika to be blessed with all health, wealth and longevity in abundance.

Happy for you and jayasala42. Nice to read such things. Come with more of it.

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear you are right my sister was also saying the same thing.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Twinkel dear

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Gayathri dear thanks fo ryour prayers and concern .