1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Back To Basics! No Soap No Shampoo! Practical?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by IniyaaSri, Mar 12, 2018.

Will you stop using body soaps & shampoos and go for natural alternatives?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. May be. I dont know.

7.1%
  4. Yes only if it not time consuming

26.2%
  5. Is that really possible?

2.4%
  1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes few years ago after heavy oiling I used besan to remove oil. After tat never used it.
    If you use regularly what are the benefits? Naturally I’m gifted with oily hair :BangHead:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes I’m also a big fan of her. But she uses many products which are not so easily available in US.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Can this be combined with Amla, Reetha and shikakai powders after oiling the hair? Until my college(12th) I used Meera shikakai and never had problems. But it made my hair rough.So started using shampoos. I used to love Garnier mainly due to the smell. I feel guilty for using all these shampoos as I’m struggling all kind of hair problems now :sleepy:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Please can you tell the English names for these?

5. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yes they are not available in stores, mostly on Amazon.

shravs3 likes this.
  6. virtualkv2020

1.Besan mixed with just water is fine to use as a hair pack/shampoo for oily scalp and hair. If this is not good enough to remove the grease from your scalp, then add some lime juice and/or shikakai-reeta juice.

2.Alternatively use a combination of reeta juice and lime juice.soak a cup of reeta powder/reeta balls overnight in a mug of soft water.Squeeze and strain the water in the morning and mix with a tbsp of lemon juice.Wet your hair and apply to scalp liberally and rub well.This creates froth.Wash your scalp with cold or lukewarm soft water till the froth leaves.Repeat twice or thrice a week as needed.

3.Hair buddha is a wonderful website for all kinds of hair problems, you could try her recipe for oily hair.Q&A Which is a good homemade shampoo for Oily hair? - hair buddha

IniyaaSri and shravs3 like this.
  7. virtualkv2020

How did you feel after using besan ? Was your scalp still oily? It is recommended to use a remedy consistently to reap benefits.For oily hair, wash hair 2-3 times a week.You can read it’s benefits here
    Besan / Chickpea flour for Thick Hair Growth + How to use for Glowing Skin - hair buddha

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  8. virtualkv2020

karisalankanni hair pack is Bhringaraj.It is available in Indian stores and on Amazon. Aavarampoo is a yellow flower known as tangedu poolu in Telugu. You can find it on amazon.https://www.amazon.com/Yogis-Premium-Avarampoo-Powder-Auriculata/dp/B07239ZH9Q

Aavarampoo for skin
    For fair complexion mix the flower powder with Bengal gram and green gram flour. Add little water or rose water to make a paste. Use this paste instead of soap while taking bath.

Aavarampoo Powder for hair
    Aavarampoo powder and aloe vera gel is mixed with fenugreek seed powder and applied on the scalp to treat dandruff. It is traditionally used in home made shiyakay (hair wash) powder.

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Actually I had been to some nature retreat centre which provided spa services. They had told me to use besan to remove oil. It took a while for me to apply but it definitely helped in removing the oil.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @kveena :blush: