1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Back Ache

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Sashmitaa, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Anesthesia in Spinal Cord

Hai,

Any suggestion on "Post delivery" back pain ?

I had cesarian with Local Anesthesia on the Spinal Cord two yrs back. Few months later it developed drastic pain on my lower back (Lumbar region). Many says, this is due to the Anesthesia given on Spinal Cord.

Is is true ? Any one experienced the same kind of pain.

Please let me know.

Indhu.

2. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Hi Indu & Lakshmi,

I also work in IT & had undergone severe back ache Issues.During my Delivery had taken Epidural on Spinal Cord & after that back ache was worse.I had to go to PT for 2 months which solved the problem.My PT said it was because of wrong posture while working & during pregnancy not because of epidural .You need to strengthen the muscle.As pmahensa has mentioned go for Streching excercises for the back, neck and shoulders .Backward strech helped me a lot.

Cheers
    Suma

3. Soha

Soha New IL'ite

Hi Suma
    I am also facing same problem of lower backache like u.Can u explain wat type of streching exercises u did. Is it really necessary to go to a therapist or the suggestions mentioned abov will work?

Soha

4. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Hi Soha,
    if the backache is severe go to PT they will tell u the right exercise for ur particular back issue.If the back pain is barable strengthen ur back with strech exercises at home,if it does not address ur issue consult PT.Some excercise which worked for me were
    1.Lay on ur back,lift ur left leg perpendiular try for 90 degree,usually it is difficult,i could not reach 90 degree...i could streach only 75 degree max..Regularly doing this will help....if u can lift ur leg 90 degree then ur back posture will be perfect.Do this for both legs
    2.Backward bending as much as possible,repeat 10 times with small intervals.
    3.Lifted weights & worked on Gym machine tailored to my specific condition.Basically strengthing back ,shoulder,hips & concentrating straighting leg to back posture.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Suma

5. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Re: Back Ache / Any one had Spinal Anethesia ?

Hai everybody,

I think I am the one who started this issue, regarding back pain. Does Spinal Anethesia (LA) cause back ache in ALL cases ? Any body with similar report ?

But most of the pain pains are caused due to continuous wrong postures. (my experience) Once if we correct them everthing goes right.

YOGA plays a vital role in curing bach aches . People who practice YOGA with back pain history should be very careful, since WRONG YOGA POSTURES may lead to severe problems.

Even I am searching for a good Ortho Doctor cum Yoga consultant. (Combined)

Any way thanks to all, who replied. Especially Sathya :thankyou2:

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

Iam having v severe back ache ..not lower back but the upper portion.......pls suggest me some home remedy

I have stopped going to gym ..........and sitting nearly for more than 12 hours in computer...... (.hye dont think iam working...........iam home maker...and this IL have become my main home........)........and i wont sit continously..............i will get up v frequeuntly ......and do all household chores........etc and also go for walking nerly 6 kms regularly.........only for the past 1 week iam getting this........i dont know y.pls suggest me.........some remedy..........

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha,
    It is better to check with orthopedic once.
    They might teach you some exercise or send you physical therapy depending upon the severity.
    Please don't neglect this and try all sorts of things at home.
    It is better to check everything and get diagnosed.
    Take care.