Bachelors from Indian - 15 yr education

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Kancha1, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Kancha1

Kancha1 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I am planning to apply for MS in accounts,all universities require 120 hrs of under graduate education for admission,where as i have 90 credit hrs from my bachelor degree from India.admission adviser gave a option to re do my under graduation or to do sum accredited course.i want apply for fall 2012 semester. i dont want to study one more yr just to get into masters. Have u guys know anyone faced such prob?How they worked on it? Can sum one plz advise?

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

If they are saying that you only need one year with them and they will give the 4 yr diploma, this is a good deal. Many other colleges/univs require you to do 2 yrs to get the undergrad diploma. A friend of mine was just about to sit for his finals at Delhi Univ but got a visa to the USA (refugee circumstances) so he came without sitting. In order to get the USA diploma he had to go another two years.

A question: do you really think it fair that you can go for a masters with only three years of college when everyone else is required to have four?