1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby vomits formula after 3hrs

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Vishalini3, Mar 2, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Pon, DD doesnt like sippy at all... so we are back to bottling her , sippy is going to wait for now... btw we have the playtex sippy and the flow is really slow, she really had to work hard to get some water outta it, hence maybe the dislike....try it, guess it will work for you.

today gave 1 OZ of NAN 1 to DD, she did well, and no spit up so far, been 4 hours since, however i think its making her feel fuller, and she hasnt really been keen on the breastfeeding after that, lets see... poor thing has to be trained to bottles now...:( sigh!

2. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Pon,

Did you try giving him say 1 oz and then see if he is vomiting after some time. Also as others said switching to some other brand may help.

I don't think the flow with the paladai is the cause.You will pouring only little into his mouth at a time.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Manju, yes, with paladai, the flow was little, but with the sippy, it was more.

Ladies,
    With all your replies, i feel encouraged to try some other brand, after couple of weeks. I need a formula at home just to keep it handy, coz I have been through times when DD falls sick and I forget the entire pumping/galactogogues setup that am into and DS ends up crying all the time for more milk :((
    Thankyou mommies :)))

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hugs Pon.

You can try another brand. Check the poll reviews, in IL poll they have given their comments about brands. You can get an idea there. Also the throw up would be as a result of change in the substitute taking into consideration that you are nursing most of the time. I would put it like that for LO’s it’s the same as adults, first you can do a test of the formula yourself and then certify if it will be good in taste for LO. I tasted both the formulas I gave LO and then I knew exactly why she did not like it. For me cow’s milk is the only thing that worked. Not that I wanted to give cow’s milk, it was one day when I kept DD and my mother’s place DD started crying with formula and refused to take she immediately gave cow’s milk and DD agreed. I am not asking you to do so, but just I figured out what worked for DD.
    After I joined work, I noticed that since DD was most of the time on cow’s milk, she had a throw up with BM then. So then had to change my eating pattern and now everything has settled well for us. On the other note, if your LO is used to formula milk taste then weaning on to some other milk becomes easier after a year. While each one has its own pros and cons; (taking into to consideration the future likings) figure out what works best for your LO. If you are at home, it is most likely to be emotional about LO not getting adjusted well to semi solids with regards to BM.

You are two weeks away to qualify to the next level, I mean 6 months on. Save some R & D for semi solids too. All the best.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. lucky7

lucky7 New IL'ite

Can you guys please suggest names of some Indian formulas that taste good? My 5 month old EBF DD refuses to drink any of the US formulas (two different brands).When I tasted the formula I felt like throwing up
    so I dont want to force her

6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

I am not sure whether you get this brand here in U.S.You can try,I gave Nan1 for my DD when I was in India.Also there is lactogen(which i haven't tried).

7. lucky7

lucky7 New IL'ite

Thanks !!
    I am planning to get it from India thro' my cousin who is visiting US

8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Try Nan1(I think it is upto 6 months) ,Nan2(above 6 months I guess).

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i have heard good things about nestle goodstart gentleease.... thats avail in the US

10. nandhinikn

nandhinikn New IL'ite

@ vishalini...i am in the same position now...what was the diagnosis and how did u proceed