1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby sleeps a lot at 2 months

Discussion in 'Infants' started by akshu02, Feb 6, 2010.

1. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Ladies,

DD seems to be sleeping a lot this week. During nights, she sleeps from 10:30-4:00(with no feed inbetween) and 4:45-8. She sleeps 4 times during the day each lasting 2 hours atleast.

Couple of days back, i was complaining to my paed that she wasnt sleeping much during the day at all and now i am a little worried and frustrated that she might be sleeping too much :-( Is this normal for a baby at 2 months? Any pointers?:confused2:

I know babies are unpredictable but offlate i seem to be in paranoid city all the time...huh Witsend

2. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi

i guess you should be happy that baby has settled and is sleeping well..:)

we struggling with tough sleeping patterns of baby...quite tiring since baby has very disturbed sleep and quite difficult to calm him down..

hope other mommies can help you out...best of luck and happy parenting..:thumbsup

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Yes you should be happy that she is getting 4 naps lasting 2 hrs :).I am waiting for atleast 2 naps lasting 2 naps :).

Some babies sleep through the night from 2-3 months.So it is perfectly normal,I was worried about the same with my DD ,but pediatrician said only newborn needs to be fed once in 3 hrs.If they are hungry,they will wake you up,so you don't have to worry about the night sleep.

Did she have her immunization recently or did you introduce any formula for her?Sometimes this might change them little bit,but nothing to worry about .It is good if they sleep.

4. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi akshu

i was the one to reply to you saying you should be happy that your baby is sleeping more and not to worry..

now me too worried about my LO since offlate he has started sleeping continuosly and more often without feed..exactly similar to your situation..he is almost 2 months old..now i compulsorily wake him up and feed him..

Colleagues at DH's office said it is the onset of some health problems for the baby like throat infection n all...me extremely worried regarding the same..he sleeps whole day and nights too...also during nights not wetting his diaper much...:drowning:confused2: also climate has changing here from winter to summer...last week had taken him to airport to see off my mom and it was little windy (he was covered from head to toe)..dunno if all these are reasons for the same..

anyone faced this situation..kindly advise..:help

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. vikvig09

vikvig09 New IL'ite

I agree with manjula even my pediatrician told me not to wake up a sleeping kid.I think its perfectly normal for them to sleep through the night around 2 months.I was told to feed him every 3 hours only during the intial weeks.

6. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi it is perfectly normal...
    do not wakr up a sleeping child to feed.
    it might change the pattern of sleep and baby mite take long time to settle down.

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

This is Normal and you should be really happy without any doubt. Baby's sleeping patterns will be unpredictable till their cycle is set.

8. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

I too think this is normal. DD still sleeps for 4 hours once in the mid morning and 2 hours in the evening and around 5-6 hours in the night. she also has one nap that lasts 30-45 min during the day. She has been doing it for the last 3 weeks. She seems to be gaining weight as expected and doesnt have any sort of infections as mentioned at your DH's office. So just be cool and not worry much about the situation, if it is only about your baby sleeping a little longer than usual.

9. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

Am in the same boat now..,My DD just turned 2 lmos last week...she used to take one 3hr stretch in night...she had her immunization on Monday and from then she is taking one 6 hour nap in night...without feed...I am worried abt going without feed as my DS used to wake up every 2 hrs till 1 year...
    Mommies, did ur LOs continue with this pattern? I hope it did not affect their weight gain...

Secretly am happy abt the long stretch as iam sleep deprived with 2 kids... ;-)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Babies don't sleep if their stomach is not full.So Do not worry,they will wake you up if they are hungry.My DD used to sleep at night just feeding only little from me and continuing sleeping through the night.Whereas my DS is getting up every 3 hrs now too.I guess with 2 kids you should be happier that you are getting a sound sleep.