1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Sitting for a friend... To do?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by ProReal, Apr 10, 2010.

1. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I am currently pregnant and left my job. One of my best friends who lives very close by (she is my college mate) had a baby some 2 months back. She is joining back job to work in the next few days and I offered to take care of her baby if needed.

I have no experience baby sitting and I offered the help as I knew her parents were leaving etc.. I also made it a point to tell her that I knew very little about babies and even if I was to take care she had to train me.

She now says that she would like my help and I really want too. One reason being I am not working, secondly I want to help her out, thirdly I can engage myself for some hours as well. But I am really worried as I do not have experience handling kids ...what if the baby cries non-stop? what if I cannot control his crying? how will I know why he is crying or is uncomfortable etc?

What should I do.. any ideas/advice please

2. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Hi proreal,
    I used to baby sit for my sister's kids who are above 4 years.
    But when I got pregnant,my sister stopped asking me to baby sit their kids now.The main reason being they may hurt your belly by pushing or fast movement unknowingly.As I am in last trimester,I am feeling so heavy to move for my own daily chores :spin.
    How many weeks along are you now?
    It's a big deal for a pregnant woman to baby sit a kid,in my opinion.
    Even if you have to do it,i feel the presence of your DH or any other friend around you always,will make things easier to u.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations!!!!

Think about it before you start it. It is not easy job to look after the baby. Is she going to pay you? You may need to go to the doctor checks up etc. You need to have a car seat in your car. Is she goign to provide you with all the stuff. What about your health? How long are you going to do this?

Take care of you first. Especially in this country, we don't get help.Having Morning sickness etc may not easy for you to take care of the baby. You should be careful.

It is better to tell your friend before she starts her job.

Take care.

Peace Be with you!!!!:coffee

1 person likes this.