1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby screaming

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mitsviki, Mar 26, 2010.

1. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

Hello

I have 3 month old baby. of late she screams at the top of her voice after feeding..innitially it is a nice scream:rotfl...but after her play time...she starts to screams as she is sleepy....as wants to be lifted...it has become a habit which we are trying to get her out....

so we started using a pacifier which we use until she sleeps...i totally hate this idea....but what to do?

someone told me that using a pacifier suppresses them.... is it true.?...and if so what do i do to stop her from screaming.

obtw is this normal?

help:bowdown

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Hmm looks like she is learning to draw attention!!
    No,pacifiers are not harmful in anyway.My sister grew up with a pacifier until she was 2 yrs old...she used to 'scream' just like u mentioned about ur LO:rotflMom was worried if she would get 'buck' teeth but very unlike the popular beleif she grew up to have perfect set of teeth...
    My DS was on pacifier until he was 1 yr old...My LO wont take the pacifier...he throws it out of his mouth with as much force as possible:bonk

3. mitsviki

mitsviki Senior IL'ite

thanks yaar

but her screams are unbearable..we are afraid it will afffect her throat....infact she is 3 month and hasnt turned still...wondering when that will happpen..

4. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

my older one rolled over when he was 5 months....if that is what u are concerned about...why dont you show her to a pead if she is crying so unbearably...poor kid must be getting very tired!

5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Usually the screams means she is discovering her voice...But if the screams seem to be in pain then you must get her checked..
    My Paed said that pacifier is not harmful atleast not until 18months-2yrs..

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You might google Dunstan baby language and see if you can pinpoint what your baby is crying about.