1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby screaming uncontrollably

Discussion in 'Infants' started by akshu02, Apr 2, 2010.

1. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

DD is 4 months now. Since the past week or so, she has acquired this habit of screaming at the top of her voice. I did read somewhere that babies squeal at 4 months of age. But would it be so loud? It is so shrill :shock: Initially it was fun but it keeps getting worser. I am kind of worried that something might be wrong and she would hurt her throat. She doesnt seem to be in any kind of distress though :confused2: Today she was screaming early in the morning at 5. When i went near her, she was just smiling at me. Also, I find this has a pattern like she does it more before she goes to sleep. Is she trying to get my attention or something? i dont want her to develop this as a habit.

Do all babies go through this phase? Not sure if this is already discussed in a thread. If yes, could someone pls point me to it :help

Thanks,
    Gomathy

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

i am not sure about other babies but we have gone through this phase. if i remember it correctly it was nearing 4 months. this behaviour lasted for about a couple of wks along with sleep regression. and it was no fun!but she wld only do this during the day.
    if u are positive she isnt in any sorta discomfort, then just hang in there. its a passing phase. she will outgrow this and land into something else.LOL

growing with babies, is nothing but a BIG roller coaster ride :D

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Oh yaa we were there too, around 3mnths 3weeks, after his vaccinations! Infact, after 2-3days of screaming, he got sore throat, we miss understood that as cold, took him to paed, thankfully no infections. DS cudnt even cry loud after that screaming/sore throat episode, took almost a week, to get his voice(!) back :)))) All this happened like a chain, for 3weeks, he stopped when he learnt to roll roll roll, both sides :))))))))))

4. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Gomathy,

I hear u...the same thing is happening with DS too...he shouts shouts and shouts, but no reaction in his face, but we come near him, he gives us a beautiful smile :), again as Poonam said this will go off soon....he shouts for no reason....

5. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I say they are discovering their voice...DS did that twice already..Once when he actually discovered his voice and next when he was teething...Both times it was no fun...I agree with Poonam..Both times it was followed by sleep regression..

Just hang in there. This too shall pass..

6. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

Thanks ladies. This is a little settled for now. Guess, it would follow with something else new :)