1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Safety..pls Guide..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Once baby starts crawling etc , how do u all manage to maintain baby safety..going behind baby 24 hrs not possible..
    Those who are ,amazing on ur own..how do u keep baby occupied while doing household chores..and if u leave baby in floor he or she will crawl around house..then how do u make sure of safety..
    What are the essentials I need to purchase to keep baby occupied and also so that I can watch over baby while doing personal and housework.?
    Anyone using pram or stroller inside home to keep baby in one place?
    Playpens are too expensive..so not purchasing it..

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

If you are in the US, please look into child proofing the whole house. This can be done in stages of the child's mobility. Like if your child is crawling- I would do the basic child proof where wouold plug all the electric outlets/ lock all the reachable cupboards and buy baby gates to make sure your child stays in one room (especially when you are cooking) this is different than playpen.
    Tuck in all the wires around the house/ out away the coins/ out away small items.

I have baby gates in my kitchen and in the living room connecting to hallway and other rooms. As I spend a lot of time with my DS in the living room. The baby gate works good when I am cooking. I also have a high chair, where I place my son and feed him or he sits in the high chair with few toys. Don't have to worry about him while I am cooking.

I am a member of mommy group on FB in my locality and I wouldn't invest on first hand baby gates or certain non safety toys. So I would recommend you do the same. Join a mommy group and lookout for used babygates.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

You can use playpen. It's very handy and sanity saver. We used to stay in a townhouse which had 3 floors. We did put gates on each floor. Lock all floor level cabinetry. Guard gas knobs, put corner guards on furniture edges.
    Keep all toilet doors locked. Main doors locked. Windows sealed.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Im Living in India..and play pens are expensive here...more than 13000 INR..unable to buy one..