1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Prams in India

Discussion in 'Infants' started by leena2015, Apr 20, 2015.

1. leena2015

leena2015 New IL'ite

Friends, please suggest some good Baby Prams that are available in India. Which ones are good considering the fact that I would like to maximise the usage till 2-3 years of age. I can buy either in Delhi or Bangalore and even online.

Now a days we get Pram plus rocker option. Has anyone used this type of Pram and are you comfortable with the Rocker inbuilt in Prams?

Is it advisable to buy from online sites? Which sites are good and have decent options?

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@leena2015, I see you are getting geared up and stocking up on all the baby essentials. What an exciting time. When is the baby due?

now to your question. When I bought the stroller/pram for my LO, instead of looking at the brand, I looked at the features the stroller had. Below were the features I was looking at. I bought this when she was still in utero and at age 3, we are still using it at times.

1. Comes with a baby carrier/ car seat. The baby car seat can be used as a rocker, not sure if you are referring to this. This attaches directly into the car or in the stroller.
    2. Front and back facing option so that you can face the baby Or the baby can look forward.
    3. Wheel locking system.
    4. Reclining option for when the baby grows up a little.
    5. Foot rest.
    6. Enough storage area under the stroller.
    7. Room for placing water/milk bottles in the front and the back. Basically cup holders. This was a life saver for me when I can place my coffee mug and take her for long walks.
    8. Takes minimum space when you fold it down. So that the entire trunk of the car isn't occupied by the stroller alone.
    9. Something that is light weight and let's you fold down or open with one hand.
    10. Facility where you can add extra accessories like rain cover.
    11. Back handles sturdy enough to hold your handbag.
    12. One that has comfortable belts so that the kid is comfortable.

Here re the most popular brands that are resonably priced are Graco and Safety First. I recommend that you try this before you buy. I.e I do not prefer online purchases when it comes to strollers.

1 person likes this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP
    "Pram" is different and I do not think it can be used till 2-3 yrs of age. It is for infants only. Did you mean "stroller" instead? Strollers are highly useful and for 3-4 yrs, even kids are walking, then sleep for longer walks. I think FP has strollers sold in India.
    then Strollers have option of adding "car- seat" to them which is for infants (8-9mon, depends on weight/height too, usually indian kids can go till 12 mon+ easily) But after that you can use plain stroller.

"car seat" also attaches to car- base in car for infant travelling. It is optional in India.

Rocker is something that obviously rocks to put baby to sleep. Rocker I have is inexpensive, Fisher Price and sold in India too. It rocks manually and has vibrator button also. It has been highly useful for me and only for indoor purposes.

Though Box on rocker says infant to toddler but again I am not sure if toddlers want to sit on rocker...it would not be stable for toddlers.

4. Anumeha7

Anumeha7 New IL'ite

When you want to use the stroller from newborn up to age 2-3 I would suggest to buy a travel system where you have the infant bassinet/carrycot and the normal stroller seat. We have the Hauck Lacrosse stroller from prams.net and are really happy it's great value for that money. It's not an indian shop though but I think they ship to India quite cheap.