baby position at 29 week?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by newlife2010, Feb 23, 2010.

1. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

hi.
    1)I am running into 29 weeks and I feel a lot of movements around my lower abdomen ,sometimes in the middle or on the sides of lower abdomen.should i already start feeling movement in the upper abdomen or naval area or the babies usually change their position to head down later in third trimester? when can i expect that?

2)please let me know when and how I would start feeling contractions etc.my tummy feels bloated and tight sometimes due to gas and constipation occasionally,but when time comes , how do I know that I am getting ready for contraction.

thanks

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Newlife,

I am in my 29th week. The baby's head is sometimes near my ribs or sometimes down my navel.. The position is yet to be defined. It is certain after 35 weeks is what my gynec said. She said till then, it could be breech or vertex.

Contractions is something you can NOT miss ;) Trust me.. :) You will feel the worst of the cramps starting from the upper abdomen slowly moving to the lower abdomen. I can say this for sure, because two weeks back I had something called Braxton- Hicks.. which is supposed to be a " rehearsal for labour " ! :bonk It lasted for a a couple of minutes. I had almost 4 in one hour. What a pain it was ! But, the difference is BH relieves on rest unlike the real contractions. If I was sitting I had to move to a different position like sleep or walk and it was gone.

Also, my gynec told me it could be because of dehydration. Because, when i drank water, I felt it was easing out.

Why are you so vexed up about contractions right now ? WOnder about it as you near your due date. Just relax now.:)

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Newlife,
    This is absolutely fine and your baby started giving strong and definite movements and showing its identity. From now on, the movements wil be little harder and sometimes you will be confused about its position. After 32 weeks, slowly the head gets fixed. So no worries, enjoy all movements!
    If they are severe, call your OB-Gyn.

Preethi,
    So, you already enter BH phase. These are just false pains and just make you strong to experience labor pains. But by this time, you are mentally prepared to fight with Labor...right!!
    But the labor pains will be more severe than BH. Take care:thumbsup

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Do not worry about the contractions now.you still have some more time.If you are getting the contractions,you will know it,as you won't be able to bear it.Start timing it and then call the doctor.

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Yeah, hema. I know it was BH for sure. But, trust me though now I feel, it helped getting those pains because I for sure know what to expect.. But, THAT TIME, I was like stressed ! Atleast it was a good rehearsal for me and hubby :crazy and challenged our way to handle the actual pain ! :bonk