baby position and what to expect?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by newlife2010, Mar 31, 2010.

1. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

Hi .I am in my 35 th week and my doc said that the baby is in head down position.My concern is that when the baby was breech, I used to feel all the movements in lower abdomen .Now that doc is guessing the baby is head down, I don't feel any kicks or movements near my rib.I just feel extreme pressure and tight feeling under my rib,( almost all the time near or around left rib)as if it is hard to sit on my bed .After having a meal, the rib area becomes very tight and hard, also gassy.Almost everyday I feel some rhythmic vibration/movements for 5-10 minutess at night or sometime in the evening near left or center lower abdomen. After reading on the net, I believe it it not baby kick, it is rather hicuups which I feel in the lower abdomen.Before I used to feel movements in lower abdoment, after head down I get hiccups. I am confused as I don't feel any baby kick sort of move near rib,
    a)is my baby really head down?
    b)when head down, where should I feel hicuups?
    3)extreme pressure near rib, but no kick/punch/movement near rib .isn't my baby using his legs ?
    4)What can I do to reduce the pain of normal delivery?

I'll ask all these to doc during my next visit.But anyone has any idea ,Please share.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010

2. abathy

abathy Bronze IL'ite

hi newlife,

why do you say that your doc is "guessing" that the baby's head is down?

also you can check out spinningbabies site. there you get to know how to map your baby.

when my baby was head down, i felt his hiccups near his head, which was on the right lower side.

as for reducing the pain during labor, try activities to cope with it rather than trying to reduce it. you can try breathing exercises and various positions during labor to help deal with the pain.

hope this info helps.

regards,
    amba

3. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Newlife2010..

Congrates on ur pregnancy..few more weeks and ull have ur baby in ur arms..:)
    Hey dont worry..this is my 2nd pregnancy..as the weeks near ur due date..ur baby has less space in the uterus and thts y the movements become less..if u feel a lot of pressure in ur ribs..it can possibly b this legs pushing up..so dont worry..did u GYN do an U/S to see the position of ur baby..normally they will do an U/S to check it out..relax and practise on ur breathing and positions for a normal delivery..:thumbsup