Baby Massage Oil For New Born

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by shwetapj, Oct 17, 2016.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

I am due in November, I wanted to ask is dabur lal tail a good oil for baby body massage? Also which oil is good for me for post natal Massage? Also , the Massage aunty would be coming in the morning for massaging me and the baby, hence it is good if the baby is massage in the night also before I put the baby to sleep?

2. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

For newborn baby massage lakshadi keram or vendha velichenna can be used as it serves the purpose of increasing the muscle bulk, strenghtens bones and helps in ossification. The virgin coconut oil can be substituted if vendha velichenna can not be prepared at home. It has fresh and good smell of coconut and contains antioxidants, proteins and vitamins needed to keep the baby's skin healthier and shiny . It acts as a protective barrier against having nappy rash and other infections and helps to make the hair of the baby shiny and make it tangle free. It is effective to use in case of dry skin, eczema, cradle cap etc and helps in formation of smooth and soft skin making it more moisturized.

Sweety82 likes this.
  3. vmohata

vmohata New IL'ite

Hi,

I am due on Nov and would like to know what is the best massage oil for baby and for me after delivery that I can get in USA.

4. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

@vmohata

A good coconut oil is just enough and best for the massage.

5. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

You can use Nalpamaradi Kera or Lakshadi Kera for baby.. Both are available at kottakal.. For baby hair I use coconut oil prepared from coconut milk at home.

6. vndivi

vndivi New IL'ite

Hi. Am due by December 1st week. When can we start doing oil massage for the baby? Some said to wait till the umbilical cord heals. And also are there any specific oils to be used during winter.

7. akrutisyd

akrutisyd Senior IL'ite

It's winter in India now and my family suggests sesame oil, due to its calcium rich content. Few ppl said this darkens skin and had to actually stop sesame oil massage for my kid as doctor said his body temperature is increasing ( had to stop eating few foods too). Coconut oil is good option. If none of these are avbl, olive oil is an option.

8. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Until umbical cord falls go for sponge bath..The lady who used to give bath for my DS was ready to give bath from the 3rd day.she told it was ok but doc asked me to give sponge bath till UC falls

9. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Add some mustard oil to dabur lal. At night if you can do its good. But if not then one time massage is sufficient. Don't forget to keep your baby daily in sunlight (dhoop) for at least an hour. Wait for 15 days atleast to start maalish and bath. First 40 days are sensitive for both baby and mother. After that everything will be normal.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  10. aradhyamunjaal

aradhyamunjaal New IL'ite

Baby massage oil is one of those products which every mom should have as it strengthens the baby's bones and helps him relax and self soothe. One of the best baby massage oil that I have tried is by the moms co , they have such natural ingredients that are free from toxins and are safe for baby's skin.