1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby girl

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sowmyareddy83, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Soumya,

This is a clear case of Post-partum deppression ! You need treatment.

Post-partum depression kindles up the already jinxed up mind. You have had pre-concoctions about a woman and now that fear behind your mind is pushing you into post-partum depression.

let me explain it to you this way..

It is indeed very very sad to know that your sister succumbed to marital issues and couldnt handle the problems, which forced her to commit suicide ..

NOW, why didnt you face the same marital issues ?

According to your thinking.. WOMEN UNDERGO MARITAL PROBLEMS , isnt ?
    So, how come you dont have an issue and your mom or your MIL are still alive and not committed suicide ? They should be ideally dead by now and you should be having fights with your husband too, isnt Soumya ?

Why dont you see all that happening ? Simply because you are you and you have married another guy and not the same guy your sistr did.
    Your husband is a nice person you say and your married life is good too isnt ? The how can you expect th worse for your daughter ?

Had your mommy expected such things and got paranoid about you 3 sisters, then you wouldnt be here writing this now.. You would be rather writing, MY MOM DOESNT LOVE ME, FOR NO FAULT OF MINE !!

Probably what your daughter might write when she is an adult.

You dont have to wonder what her future will be.. Leave it to destiny. Give her your best as a woman and mommy and trust your upbringing. By telling, you are scared what could go wrong with her, you simply are accepting that you are a failure !! Dont do that.

Take care.. Take medical help. You will be alright.

2. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

Soumya.. Congratulations on being a mom..
    I do hope you get some help with Post-partum depression like Preethi said. you really need it.
    As for not able to accept your child because shes a girl, i am not going to get agresive here, but try to think of it in another way. Maybe god blessed you with a girl child so that you can do everything possible to give 1 girl the best possible things in her life. Make her a loved and cherished and educated woman, capable of facing anything in her future boldly.
    You saw your sisters facing lots of issues because they were females. But you said you are blessed with a great life, so why cant you trust god to give the same for your daughter? So rather than feel bad and sad shes a girl and destined for trouble and bad luck in her life, work with god and give the best of everything you can.

Maybe god wanted you to make up for what you felt bad seeing what your sisters went through!

So try and look at your child in a differnt light now! and do get medical help..

btw .. today is mother's day in few parts of the world!! Happy Mothers day and enjoy your child..

3. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Indra Nooyi, Kiran Mazumdar, Kiran Bedi, etc.

These are women who have fought differnt circumstances and come up shining. Examples of what a 'girl' can do.
    I understand you have had a bad experience with your sisters, but that does not mean that you do not have the power to change your child's future. If it were a boy, you would have ensured you got him the best of anything.
    Don't punish your child for what she did not do. And you are 'unfortunate' that you are safe??
    Feel blessed that inspite of seeing difficult circumstances in your life earlier, you have a healthy baby now. How many people are so lucky?
    When you feel a circumstance is bad and you don't like it, think of the 1 million other people who are not even 1/2 as fortunate as you are!
    Hope you have the strength to come out of this and show your little daughter a better life.

4. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Dear Soumya,

Congratulations on being Mom,Its very sad to read your post.Firstly,you shd be happy & fortunate that God blessed you with loving & caring DH,baby girl,supportive Inlaws.Its very unfortunate that your sister had gone thru some problems after marriage(many women do face them) but just bcoz of it you shdn't have grudge against your own kid,If YOU being mother doesnt love her & care her who else will do,If i was in similar situation like yours,I would have treated my daughter as equal to son and would have raised her to be an independent&strong woman who would bring laurels to her family & who is ready to accept challenges in this male dominated society.Further, I would hve thanked God for giving me this opportunity.

Its Better late than ever,Shower all your love on your baby & enjoy the happiness...

Take care

5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Soumya, its hard to see that a mother has already written her daughter's destiny with her own hands... by depriving her of her basic right of mother's milk & affection....

Dont worry this girl of yours will make into a one successful lady cos she's able to survive without a mother's intervention.

You can change the society only if you think different from society, like all others mentioned.. its only in your hand to make your daughter capable of dealing with this world... I think she's getting the best lesson from day1 of her life.
    You're feeling all your colleagues who have son are lucky but 30 yrs hence you'll see their fate when those sons get closer to their wives... however a daughter will remain with you in thick and thin...
    You're detesting birth of a girl child... think about the agony of childless mothers, I guess there'll be many ladies who will hug your child on this forum itself & bring her up in feathers cos they know the pain of NO BABY.

6. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear Soumya,
    My hugs to you dear. Please get some help.This is post partum depression.
    Moreover I know that a girl of today's generation is more capable in taking care of her needs if she is given the right direction so do not deny her basic needs.

Only a mother can make sure that her daughter destiny is in the right direction.Give her all the love and hugs and also a good education.Everything else will fall in place.

If everyone thought like this..the Human Race will be eradicated. In our country a women is worshipped as "Shakti". A girl child of age less than 12 is worshipped during Navratri as "kanya". We had a woman prime minister and have a woman President.

There is no need to be ashamed about having a girl..Be a proud mother. And denying your own child is a sin.Please ammend that immediately.Any house hold that does that do not have any prosperity or money because they disrespected Lakshmi....thats what my Dad always said.

I hope U feel better.

FL