Baby delivery in Hyderabad...

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Hyderabad' started by Rakhii, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends, even though I was brought up in Hyderabad, its been a while since I had been to Hyderabad. I was wondering if you can all help me with this much needed information.

We are planning for a baby. But the delivery is going to be in Hyderabad. We are going to India in March 2010 and I have no idea which Gynic to choose to meet/talk with her and then decide where I am going to have the baby.
    Which hospitals/clinics should I consider?

Your suggestions would be really helpful for me to make informed decisions about my pregnancy.

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

there are lots of hospitals in hyd which are good.
    if you can tell in which area you will come ilites can suggest you with some good clinics near by

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. Rakhii

Lavi, I am not yet pregnant :-(
    Its just that, since we are already planning for a baby, I started gathering information so that when I am in Hyderabad in March, I can go and check out the place and meet with OBGYN if possible.

I heard good reviews for Fernandes Hospital. My aunt is in Mettiguda. So is it going to be too far if something happens suddenly? I checked out their websites but they do not give any information about the room rates, doctors email ID's etc so that I can contact them.

Thank you for your best wishes.

4. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Fernandes is a good hospital..One of my relative who had several complications during pregnancy had safely delivered her baby there...Pls do not go to Swapna Nursing Home in Begumpet...They loot money and the facilities are very bad, the room service is very bad and nurses are not professional.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

my mistake dear

6. Rakhii

Thanks Shubag. Its OK lavi.

How much does it cost to get a normal delivery done there in Fernandes? Also any idea how much is a single room rate per day? Thank you all for your responses.

7. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

Rakhi,

You can check out Besant Sahaney Multispeciality hospital in West Maredpally. I had delivered my baby there and my Gyn was Dr Pushpa Cherian - she is a cool doc. I was in Bangalore till my 7th month and then came to Hyd for delivery and mine was a complicated case with Hypertension, gestational diabetes and hypo hypothyroidism.

They also have another wing - children hospital where you will find some of the best pediatricians - My daughters ped was Dr. Girija Krishnan ( this is the next thing you will be looking for after delivery ! ).

Regards
    Rani

8. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

Rakhi...I have no idea of the cost...It was many years back my relative had delivered the baby...

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

It would cost 35-40K in Fernades for normal delivery.
    I had mine in Rainbow hospitals under supervision of Dr.Pranathi Reddy. I felt I got a good gyn. The cost was around 60K including Normal delivery and baby's jaundice treatment for 3 days.

10. Rakhii

Thanks Rani and Priya. 60K is not too much, isn't it? I will take appointment in both Fernandes and Besant and see what woud suit me best.

Thanks again.

One question though....can my hubby be with me in the delivery room?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009