1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby bath

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vatsi, Dec 15, 2005.

1. vatsi

vatsi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks

Hi Ami,
    First of all i want to thank you for taking such a deep interest in my problem. This site is great where i found a friend like u.
    I want to know wat is kasthuri manjal ? I really dont know abt it.
    If i m massaging her with oil then also shd i apply baby oil after bath? I generally apply mixture of lemon, glycerin n rose water bt after using the towel. So will u advice me to use it before towel. For me i use baby oil for my body before towel and i know it works great.
    I was using dried orange peel for my face in india and it is very good for skin. I will advice this for u and ur daughter both.
    If u know some other good tips or home remidies for babies pls share that with me.
    Thanks

2. sree

sree New IL'ite

Thanks

hi sunitha,

thank you for the immediate reply. My computer was not working for last few days,hence couldn't reply. Yes I'm familiar with rasnadhi. Genetics does matter in complexion. me and my family members are onthe fair side and both my FIL and MIL are also fair,only my husband and BIL are on the darker side. I have also herad about the saffron and milk it didn't work for my first pregnancy,and still my MIL and my husband tease me for that.Anyway thank you for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
  3. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

You are welcome..

Hi vatsi,

Yes, agree with you about this site.

Sorry that dont remember the source of kasturi manjal. In Chennai, I saw in a powdered form and the smell differs from our cooking turmeric and also, there will not be any stains. It is a standard practice that people put only this turmeric for all babies. If you dont find it, you can even use this another one which we use during pongal time. In NJ, it is available in Indian markets. But, you must be needing a stone to rub. Hope that someone will help you reg. the names.

I dont apply oil if I give her oil bath as it is cold most of the time. So, dont want to invite any health related problems.

Thanks for sharing and yes, am going to try this mixture(orange, lemon etc.) for me & my daughter and will see how it works!!

Rgds.

4. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

orange peel pack

hi all on this forum
    i m having one daughter.she is 3 yrs.i want to know whether i can use orange peel or any other pack for her face and for how much time i shd. apply it on her face like 10 min.or what n daily or weekly.
    her body is also dark than her face color can i use almond or olive oil in this age.
    plz give ur suggestions
    waiting..........
    thanx n rgds
    sonia

hi sree
    u can take coconut(raw which comes in skull) for fair complexion of expecting baby.it really works good(specially in first triemester).u can take it daily.it will work better if u will take it in a plenty.
    sonia

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
  5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Baby baths - equipment, techniques, tips...

How do u all bathe ur babies who are at the age bet 5 to 7 months during which they can hold their head but not that steady where we cant leave them without support. I have been using bath tub for my son, but now he s good weight, putting on him, puts pressure against his back and so his back esp in spinal area is getting red. I know very well its because of his back pressing against the tub part. I am really confused how to bathe him, yesterday i tried in routine tub where we bathe, and it was very very difficult to do that, and today i had some towel underneath where his spine is getting hurt, but then he seems to be lil uncomfortable,poor baby, dont know what to do?
    Getting a new tub seems to be too much as we can use ot for few more months say 3 or 4 mnths. So wat to do?

6. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

re: Baby baths - equipment, techniques, tips...

San, you are right, it will be a waste of money to buy a baby bath tub at this point. Do you have an adult bath tub with a shower in your bathroom? Maybe you can fill it up with a couple inches of water and have him sit in there and give him a bath? You can even get him some toys and have him play around, babies love that! OR if you have room in your house or backyard, get a baby pool and give him a bath in there.

Raj

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Raj, the 2nd idea of getting a pool is not possible!!
    Reg the first one, bathing in our tub, i feel its not that sterile enuf, we wash clothes and do all sorts of things there and daily i need to wash the tub bfr we bathe Vinay, thats too difficult :-( that too nowadays he is too active that i need to hold him always esp around neck, he s turning his head a lot, still his head is not that firm to make him sit alone!!!!!!!!
    Any other options, how do u bathe Riya?

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

We have this tub that fits on the kitchen sink so it's very easy on my back and I just use the kitchen sprayer to give her a bath. Soon enough, though, I'll have to move to the bathroom since she's getting a whole lot more active and playful. But I love this tub a lot since it fits on the kitchen sink and it also sits on its own in the bathroom floor or the tub. It's a newborn to toddler tub, so now that I think of it, maybe you can get your money's worth out of it by using it for a while. Check this out...

Amazon.com: The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling: Baby

Raj

9. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

[
    Hi

I had a baby bath bed. The portion that rests the baby's body was made of a net..a soft and washable material. So, it didnt hurt the baby. After washing the baby's front and face, I made her sit, holding in one hand and washing her back with another. This way she didnt rest on the bath bed for long. Maybe you can try sitting up the baby after washing him on the front and face. You dont have to go for a new one that way.

The bed itself lasted only upto her 11 months, and by then she was able to stand with support, so it got easy for me. So once your child grows up you will have no probs.

I dont know if this helps..
    Poornima.

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

I second Poorni. I used the same for my boy. Sorry can't remember the brand since we got it in Singapore. But I'm sure you'll get it in US. It was very convenient when I started my baby from 4th month on my own. Couple of days I struggled to hold and wash the back but then that got easier too. I just put him on his tummy (he will raise his head). Try this... it was not expensive and since washable good on hygiene part as well.

Latha