1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Awake For 5 Hours At A Stretch

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shwetapj, Nov 25, 2016.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

My baby is in her 2nd month now. she feeds every 2 hours during the day and dozes off mostly feeds not more than half an hour. in the evening she wakes at 8.30pm remains awake till 11.30pm and goes into deep slumber. at night she will wake up at 1.30 am and feeds through out the night till 6 am in the morning (she wets and feeds) like a cycle. as she wets she is hungry again so I have to sit up whole night. formula feeding I tried with cup and spoon but she doesnt take it.

Please advise is it normal and for how long will this go on?

2. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @shwetapj
    This sounds very tough . how are you managing. please talk to pediatrician.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, I think your daughter is not having enough sleep . She is comfort feeding during the night. What is her schedule in terms of feeding. Does she exclusively breastfeed or breastfeed /formula or formula only.For a 2 month old , her sleep is less. You have to put her on schedule like she feeds every 3 hrs and gets a diaper change. How do you feed her formula, do you heat the water and add it to formula powder. If you are not, try it. My son loved hot formula and wud get required sleep. Sometimes he used to fuss which was normal.

Also how is the temp in your house. Is it too hot, too cold. Is your baby comfortable. Just becoz its cold you don't have to stuff her in very warm clothes. I used to put a light sweater on my baby unless we went out.Unless she is crying thru the night I don't think you need to talk to ped.All babies go thru this phase. Good Luck.