Baby Aspirin And Progesterone Supplements

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by SweetGirl20, Apr 22, 2016.

1. SweetGirl20

SweetGirl20 Silver IL'ite

What is use of baby aspirin? How do we know that we require it?
    Why do we need Progesterone supplements while on TTC?
    Friends, Pls clarify me so that I can ask my doubts to my RE on my next visit..

2. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@SweetGirl20

Hi!

Progesterone support after ovulation is given to support the endometrium for implantation.

Baby aspirin I read is advised to increase the blood flow to the uterus and thereby help implantation.
    I also read somewhere that there r women who r advised aspirin to prevent early miscarriages, not sure of this though ..

Please ask ur doctor and u can share it with us too

SweetGirl20 likes this.
  3. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@SweetGirl20 : Progesterone is normally produced by the corpus luteum(the left over of the follicle after egg is released) to support pregnancy if it happens.. Some ppl might fall short of it.. if progesterone is less, the luteal phase is short (days from ovulation to AF).. if luteal phase is 10 days or below, successful implantation doesnt happen.. So progesterone support is given to make sure our body has enough time and hormone to finish implantation..

Baby aspirin is as @Agony said,, check with your RE on this if she is okay with you taking it,,

@Agony.. remember i told you I want to take Baby aspirin this cycle, my DH is totally against it and didnt allow me, he said why I should do things which doc hasn't advised etc .. :(.. So I am doing yoga poses that increase blood flow to the uterus.. Did it for 1 day..will start regularly again from today

Agony likes this.
  4. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

@hoping4amiracle
    I love the way u explain everything like a pro :clapclap:

Yeah I do remember u telling me about aspirin .. Ur husband is right .. Let's not do anything without the doctors knowledge..

5. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@Agony .. It is the result of obsessive googling for the past 6 months .. :biggrin:

SweetGirl20 and Agony like this.
  6. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    For me too aspirin suggested by Dr. When I asked why it has to take they told it will make our blood thin so that it flows easily to our parts. Aspirin suggested for any other persons who has BP,cholesterol etc., Due to various reasons our blood becomes thick due to hormones especially in ttc trying people. So it would be difficult if blood is thick for uterus and all.so why it is used. Doctor does blood test to determine it whether we need it or not.
    Progesterone as friends suggested helps for implants, endometrium thickness.

Agony likes this.