1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

B2 Tourist Visa Rejected For Parents In Mumbai, Given 214 B

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Aquarian89, May 5, 2016.

1. Aquarian89

Aquarian89 New IL'ite

Dear all,

I am on H1 and applied for my parents B2 visa and they attended their interview at Mumbai consulate yesterday and were denied tourist visa by giving 214 B.

214 B denial is given when the officer is not convinced about the applicant having strong ties to his country and with a fear that the applicants might end up being an immigrant.

My parents answered all questions posed to them, like where am i working, as what, where do they plan to visit, where will they stay etc.

Now the questions i believe might have caused the problem. I am an only child and my parents are retired. When these questions were asked as per my parents the look on Visa officers face changed. Also, i have been rescheduling their interview from last year and once i totally forgot that i have scheduled their interview and it got recorded as a No Show. The VO asked my parents why didn't you guys attend the interview then. My parents were unaware and my father asked in our language to my mom if an interview was scheduled and my mom managed to say that we went to our native then so couldn't attend. I believe VO wasn't convinced and might have thought i am trying to get them in US desperately.

Now when i did my part of research, it seems unless there is change in the applicants circumstances there is no point in applying again. I have mentioned their occupation as Retired in previous DS-160 and i really don't wish to change that and be truthful. What can i do before i fill up DS-160 for them again and be able to get them a tourist visa. None of the circumstances have changed. How soon should i apply and can i still apply in Mumbai Consulate itself?

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

It is good to show that ur dad and mom gets pension in their names and not dependent on you. Did u show that already?

Show property like house and some farm land which is on their names , so that they have financial ties to India

and not sure how much important for visa officials, but close relatives like ur parents siblings living close by proves they r not totally dependent on u for family ties

3. Aquarian89

Aquarian89 New IL'ite

I did. They did not ask for any documents. I believe the VO questioned them from all that was filled up in DS-160.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I know my friends case, her parents visa got rejected as both of their kids live in USA, after two rejections , only one parent applied again for visa, and got approved, another parent applied seperately , and got approved.

they can say (for ex, ur mom) only I am traveling , my husband who is retired will be in India, I have to come back to him , like that ur mom can say to visa officer. So they think she had ties to her home land , so will approve ,

vrikshakadali likes this.