1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

B.O.R.E - I find boredom Interesting!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jennysrik, Jul 20, 2011.

1. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Every time I come across individuals who keep complaining that they are bored, I get very curious!! (They make me wonder, if they ever get bored of being bored!!) Trust me…… I have come across people who seem to find their own lives boring!! Since these people occupy my mind space when it starts showing signs of boredom, I find boredom interesting!!

Out of my personal experience, I can vouch that it is during those periods lacking activity or when individuals are uninterested in the activities surrounding them, most fascinating and wild thoughts cross the mind!!

Most fantasies and ingenious ideas are invariably products of boredom!! Isn’t it during those boring study holidays, that we get wonderful ideas to spend holidays? Isn’t it in between those boring lectures that we get ideas for surprise birthday parties!!

I am really passionate about my moments of boredom, because more or less, a whole lot of fabulous, fun ideas of mine are born on those fiercely bored, frustrated days-when my entire life seems so monotonous that I want to break free!! I love those bouts of boredom- that to me is like the silence between two waves!! It is a very beautiful space, of inactivity, of pure existence for the sake of existence, of effortless living!! That’s probably why I find it funny when people want to fight boredom!! I think boredom is something that we must enjoy, let it just be, rather than try to fight it!! After all, it is yet another emotion, a very potent one!! (If not anything else, it makes you write stuff like this blog post!! He he he…)

!! So…… guys!! Explore your boredom!! Make it the most exciting part of your life!! To me, it is definitely one of my exciting factors of life!!

So, here’s to exciting long hours of boredom….. and to all the wild and fabulous ideas that would spring out of it all !! cheers!! :)

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai JS,

Nicely narrated. If you are not mentally engaged with any other work you will feel bore. Engage yourself in some other activity you will not utter the word I am bored then only all the evil thoughts will pop up and inturn it will make our brain tired also. Think what happened in the past days how you have attained happiness how you are going to be more happy Bore will boost your energy and in turn you will become more beautiful in your thoughts.

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Js,

It is good to be bored at times. From boredom come ideas for creativity and our performance becomes better. During boredom the mind has nothing to do...we get new ideas.

4. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

very true.. Its when I was bored, I started browsing through IL, started posting and blogging. Now I know what to do when I get bored.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Well said. I also log in to IL so that my time is spent well learning so many things from the forums and blogs here. But in IL also sometimes it is boring. Today being Sunday not much posts in IL so was feeling bored , so thought of spending it by giving fbs to as many blogs as possible. So got a chance to give fb to your wonderful blog also