1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ayurvedic medicine for Eczema

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by smart_soul, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hey friends

I us Vaseline cream just petroleum jelly for my DD. She had it last winter ans was so bad then this year i us always immeidatley she washes her face . DH did a good research and found the main reason for eczema is dryness once the kid after its bath within 3 min apply the cream or lotion immediately even if there is little dampness left in the skin. And do check for allergenic cos my DD was allergic to wool.
    I somtime mix black pepper fired well and powdered in water and give it works( Thanks to FIL advise)

Please check the dr before any ayurvedic stuff.

2. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

I too use just petroleum jelly on DS skin after his bath. I use Dove Sensitive skin soap sparingly on his skin to avoid dryness. Touch wood and his dry skin is controllable now. Try this. Ayurvedic and Homeo medicines take time in reducing the main reason for the skin flare up. Try this for skin relief.

3. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

Pls tell me how was ur experience with Kotakkal doctors. I stay in Dubai and they have drs here too. Let me give u my example. My dd6 had eczema since birth. We did allopathy were 1 yr then switched to homeopathy. She was completely cured within a year. However I did not follow up and last year she had meningitis vaccine bec of which it returned. When this time I turned to homeopathy it flared up so bad that after 5 months we had to resort to allopathy. The elimination diet did help for few months but now again her itching and rashes start if I stop the medicines. Can anyonesuggest me what to do. I m at my wits end & I can't see my dd scratching everyday

4. Uklady

Uklady New IL'ite

Hi, any results from Ayurvedic treatment? Has anyone else been cured of ezcema by Ayurveda?

5. mrserenity

mrserenity New IL'ite

Hello everyone
    thanks for update me,this information really helpful to me....;

6. vanithasen

vanithasen New IL'ite

I have started Ayurvedic treatment for atopic dermatitis for my 6 year old son. His contiond has worsened over the past 20 days after starting the medicines. I have mailed CNS chikithsalaya where he was prescribed the medicines.I am awaiting reply from them regarding the aggravation in his eczema....Any sugesstions anyone?

7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Vanithasen
    I would have suggested ayurvedic along with allopathy if the condition is worsening.But yes there are certain ayurvedic medicine which first aggravates the condition and then cures it.But if your child is really getting uncomfortable witht he ayurvedic medicine opt for other allopathy/homeo.

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

my son has eczema on his cheeks,on legs, arms.. i use vaseline, then doctor prescribe hydrocortisone as its a steroid i didnt feel much comfortable using that but i use to apply vaseline 2 times a day.. recently i started using neosporin eczema essential its all oatmeal product and its working real good for my kid and you can see eczema going away in couple of days.... it did really work for my baby... each kid is different.. if you want to give it a try and see please do make sure you give us feed back here see if others can benefit from that...

2 people like this.
  9. sandhyaveli

sandhyaveli New IL'ite

Hello my son have been experiencing severe eczema since birth ,Initially it was not so bad controlled with allopathy steroid creams.Eventually it went bad now he is 23 months old with severe eczema,cradle cap.Sometimes his itching is uncontrollable .Scratch alot until it bleeds.He was on oral steroids for 5 months but no use.We live in USA.Now i am in India took him to the kottakkal ayurveda doctors in hyderabad.Started ayurveda medication 10 days ago it went worst now and the dotor said initially it will aggrevate then subside.Pls share ur experience or send me ur mail id,i would like to talk to you privately if u r ok with that.Appreciate ur help.Thankyou.

10. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

My son had moderate ezcema from 3-4 months old. It changed from mild to moderate every now and then. It became too hard on us when it was all in his diaper area cheeks etc and he started itching making it worse. We have tried allergy tests, tried elimination diet etc. nothing really brought a great change. We were using Cetaphil Cleanser and Lotion and aquaphor on top of lotion. But finally what worked was - stop using his diaper wipes completely / Use only water and plain tissue to wipe him / Organic Coconut oil almost every hour with Aquaphor / Switching to Aquaphor Wash and Shampoo. My instinct says its either of stopping Diaper wipes or the Cetaphil products that brought an excellent improvement in his case. Now its in a very controllable state.

1 person likes this.