1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ayurveda consultation

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by drjyotikiran, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drjyotikiran

drjyotikiran New IL'ite

Dear all,:)

Myself Dr. Jyoti. I have done my post graduation in Ayurveda from renowned Ayurveda institution in Karnataka and my specialty is "Prasuti Tantra & Stree Roga" (Gynecology and Obstetrics).

My husband is also an Ayurvedic doctor who has done his post graduation in "Kaya Chikitsa" i.e. General medicine and Pancha Karma.

We both are successfully practicing holistic Ayurveda in Karnataka and proud to practice this as it is our own ancient Indian knowledge given by gods.

I am here to answer any query related to Ayurveda, Ayurveda treatments for various ailments, Pancha Karma etc.

And my request to all ladies is do not spoil your reproductive system by using hormones without proper knowledge. Follow healthy life style, eat healthy food and HAVE TRUST IN AYURVEDA which is from nature for you all.

Warm Regards,

Dr. Jyoti K:rotfl

2. drjyotikiran

drjyotikiran New IL'ite

Start your day in ayurveda way...

Dear all,

I got up little late today as I slept late yesterday night. After that everything of my routine got disturbed. I finished bath, breakfast in hurry (I wasn't even knowing that I am hungry) and ran to hospital.

But when I sat in my clinic I started feeling uneasy, sleepy, tired.. This is my condition in the fresh morning! I sat calmly for a while and started to think why this is happening. And I found that my lifestyle itself went wrong yesterday. This is not only my story, this is the day today story of majority of the working people. So, thought discussing how should be our day according to Ayurveda.

Ayurveda being a science and art of living healthy, it deals with all those aspects of our life which can influence our health and well being. One of the important teaching in Ayurveda is about how to live a day for better health. If this is followed as recommended, then all our problems related to “bad lifestyle” will be solved.

This part of teaching has been named as “Dinacharya”. Dinacharya is made up of two words from Sanskrit meaning Dina – routine and Charya – activities. Hence, it is a guideline to spend our day in a better and healthy way.

Here below are the routine activities that need to be followed religiously for a healthy life:

• Like the saying goes, ‘Early to bed, early to rise makes the man healthy, wealthy and wise’, rise early in the morning, before sunrise. Then it is an ideal time to let the body cells soak in the strength of a tempered sun, thus ready to be charged for the day.

• Wash your face and then fill your mouth with water and spit it after gargling for a while. Then splash normal water into the open eyes.

• There after go to the toilet for evacuation of bowels. Empty your bowel as soon as possible. The proper elimination ensures that body is functioning right. If you delay the process to late in the morning, it means during the day you are creating favourable condition for the diseases to manifest.

• Brush your teeth and scrape your tongue with a right tongue scraper.

• Drinking a glass of warm water in the morning helps one to flush out all toxins accumulated overnight in the body.

• Self-massage with oil is necessary for every person. A regular self-massage with herbal oils at least once in three days is usually adequate, but needs to be supplemented with professional attention, occasionally.

• Regular exercise is definitely a must. Regular exercise not only increases the stamina of the body, but also increases the resistance to diseases by boosting the immune system.

• Take bath daily, if possible twice a day and also regular shower, may be every alternate day

• Always wear comfortable clothes at home as well as while going out. Use perfumes, preferably of natural fragrance which will make you feel good.

• Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It should be fresh, warm and nutritious.

• While in work give your 100 per cent. At frequent intervals keep resting. One can take a deep breath and relax for sometime in between work. At least drink a fruit juice once a day while in work, preferably when thirsty and tired.

• Lunch intake should be between 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm, which is according to Ayurveda is Pittakala, a period favourable for good digestion. Don’t eat in a hurry. Chew the food you eat properly and concentrate on what you eat.

• Don’t take office-related tension or worries home. Relax, maintain calm and rest for sometime once back home

• Take a shower with warm water.

• In the evening it is good to avoid beverages such as tea, coffee, hot drinks as well as indulge in activities that might disturb one for all these stimulates your mind.

• Dinner time should be ideally between 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm. Make it a point to have dinner with family or friends. Dinner should always be lighter than lunch.

• Remember to spend some quality time in company of family, friends or just yourself by reading or simply relaxing.

• The most ideal bed time is between 9.00 pm to 10.00 pm. Practice some deep breathing or just pray before you sleep.

When the said routine activities are done continuously, automatically it becomes part of your routine with body and mind getting accustomed to it leading you towards the path of health.

Warm Regards,

Dr. Jyoti K:rotfl

3. kushi33

kushi33 New IL'ite

Dear Dr. Jyoti,

Can you pls suggest some ayurvedic treatment for high LH levels - 12.42, FSH - 6.25.....no weight problem ...periods regular - 26 -28 days though not too much.....

pls suggest some ayurvedic tonic or tablets for the same.

4. sudhrya

sudhrya New IL'ite

hi ,

i am having irregular periods having PCOD , can you tel me what kind of foods should i take n do not take .

how to solved the PCOD problem ??

Thankyou in advance :)

5. drjyotikiran

drjyotikiran New IL'ite

Dear kushi,

Even though your LH and FSH levels are altered you have not gained weight and your periods are regular which is a good sign.

Are you taking any other medicines presently?

You can go for:

1. Kumaryasavam 3tsf 3 times a day with double quantity of warm water after food

2. Tablet Aloes compound: 2 tabs BD after food

The above medicines should be continued for 30 days.

The medicines have been advised based on your complaints only. I prefer you to undergo detailed consultation with an Ayurvedic gynecologist nearby which will give better picture of your condition and medicines can be selected accordingly.

Keep updating after starting the medicines at regular intervals.

Warm Regards,

Dr. Jyoti K

6. drjyotikiran

drjyotikiran New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Dear Sudhrya,

Exercise and weight reduction have been shown to be highly beneficial in the management of PCOS. Exercise can help reduce weight, regulate menstrual cycles, and reduce risk factors for diabetes and heart disease which are associated with PCOS.

Women with PCOS respond well to simple carbohydrates with low calories, low animal product, high fiber diet which helps reduce weight, regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, and reduce inflammatory prostaglandins.

Diet can help to regulate blood sugar and insulin levels, reduce circulating androgens, improve ovarian function, improve fertility, reduce risk of heart disease, and support liver detoxification of estrogens.

The following recommendations can help you plan your diet.

• Do not eat carbohydrates by themselves. Instead, combine them with a protein and / or fat

• Try to select lower glycemic index foods as they will cause a slower rise in blood sugar. (Glycemic index is an indicator of how rapidly the food turns to sugar in the blood). The lower glycemic carbohydrates tend to have more fiber than the higher glycemic foods. For example, bran cereal (10 gm fiber/1/2 cup) has a lower glycemic index than cornflakes (1 gm fiber/1/2 cup). In other words, select breads, grains and cereals that are as unprocessed as possible.

• Do not take your carbohydrate levels so low that you induce ketosis. Eating less than 40 grams of carbohydrate a day may induce ketosis.

• Space the carbohydrates out during the day. This will cause less of rise in blood sugar and insulin peak as compared to eating all carbohydrates at one meal.

• Avoid those carbohydrates that trigger more hunger or cravings (ie. pasta triggers craving for some people).

• Drink at least 8 cups of noncaffeinated fluid as a low carbohydrate intake can cause dehydration.

• For heart health, limit foods high in saturated and trans fats (ie. fatty red meat, whole milk, butter and stick chicken skin, fried foods, rich desserts, etc.). Select mainly monounsaturated fats (ie. olive oil, canola oil, nuts) and omega 3 as these fats are heart healthy.

Simple Ayurveda methods to keep your insulin levels intact:

½ to ¾ tsp. of cinnamon with every meal helps keep insulin & blood sugar levels under control.

Prepare paste of 21 leaves each of neem, bael, tulsi and take it at breakfast time to reduce insulin resistance.

Soak 1 tsp Methi seeds at bedtime in a cup of warm water; take this water on empty stomach next morning.

Internal medication:

1. Ayaskriti: 15 ml with 30 ml of warm water thrice daily before food

2. Rajapravartini Vati: 1 tablet twice daily after food

These are some of the basic medicines for your complaints. For appropriate management of the condition I suggest you to consult an Ayurvedic gynecologist.

Warm Regards,

Dr. Jyoti K

7. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Dr. Jyoti,

So nice of you to answer queries and in such detail. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Abha.

8. been27

been27 New IL'ite

Re: Start your day in ayurveda way...

Dr.Jyothi, can u suggest tips to improve my daughter's weight....she is 7 1/2 yrs and from birth below avg on the weight chart...now she weighs 19.5 kgs and her height is 51"(128cms)...whenever i place this concern to her pediatricians they just say as long as she is active its fine.....yes she is a very active kid but would like to get suggestions from u as i believe very much in ayurvedic medicines.....thanku

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Jyothi
    Very nice to read this thread.
    I am surrounded by a lot of Ayurvedic books lately. Aquired for the purpose to get tips to loose weight. I (self) diagonised my body type to be Pitta. I do not have any doubts...as of now. I will be a regular reader though.
    Best wishes
    Nitha

10. radhusankar

radhusankar Silver IL'ite

Hi jyothi
    First of all thank u so much for starting such a wonderful thread.
    Here is my query,
    Am in ttc for the past 3 months, my cycle is 30, last month i had my mences 2 days late on 25th may thats ok, but this month i got my periods earlier ie., 17th june n heavy flow too, i felt severe back pain n tired too, i dont know wats the reason can u clear my doubt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.