1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ayirathil Oruvan Review .... anyone seen ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rosegirl, Jan 15, 2010.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Hey Cindhuja,

:cheers.You made my day and saved me.Iam planning to watch the movie for the second time..:crazy

We missed the Vijay yesudas song and the dance sequence of Reema and Partiban and some part of the movie and I heard that they were shown in some of the theatres.

4. Agmark kusumbu dialogue of parthiban when he tries to woo Andrea

we missed this part also.When will it come.Did I sleep during that time:hide:.

Read reviews in websites.You will be able to get answers for some of your questions.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

The cholas weren't portrayed as cannibals...Only while having food they were shown so..otherwise they or their culture weren't exhibited in a wrong manner....Just think..for years and years they are starving for their basic amenities inspite of being blessed with them...We would have seen in news reels regarding the crowd and mess while distributing food for victims of flood or famine...when a natural calamity which can be resolved by all means can create an adverse change of behavior(well civilzed!!!!!)...won't these react like they haven't seen food @ all??!!???

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi RG,

:cheers dear..

I watched the movie in Satyam..only in very few theatres and particular shows the song is played :hide:...

What to do..the original script is 3.5 hrs it-seems..the operator has to trim down somewhere without disturbing the flow

By the way the dialogue comes when andrea meets parthiban to reveal about reema's character..sure an adults only still cant forget it ever :thumbsup

Me too planning to watch it ..but not sure whom would accompany me :)....should trap my mom and brother no other go

4. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

:thumbsup you are right.. the song nel aadiya nilam is a perfect testimony to that. It shows how people behave when they are pushed to the brink with extreme starvation and lonliness..
    Partiban's acting was too good especially in 2 scenes
    1) when he announces to the people they will proceed to the "Chozha naadu" in 2 days and all the people erupt in joy. You should see the sense of satisfaction and happiness in hsi face.
    2) when he learns Reema Sen has ditched him, he tries to kill himself out of humiliation and an old man slaps him..
    really good effort.

5. poornimaln

poornimaln New IL'ite

aayirathil oruvan is one the most different movies that i've ever seen ... instead of the same old boy-loves-girl-and-beats-villain story, selvaraghavan has taught us to look at things different ... i do totally agree about parthiban-andrea scene... but parthiban isn't seducing her ... it seems she called him and he thinks its for obvious reasons and he allows her to 'go ahead' even though he isn't in the mood for it :rotfl:rotflthe climax was the ultimate ... if you enjoy gladiator, the mummy and the likes of it, then you surely gotta enjoy Aayirathil Oruvan ...

about kutty -> i haven't seen it yet, but the trailer and the other screenings doesn't show it to be as impressive as Aarya ... aarya was so cute in its own way :thumbsup

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Oh wow..Good to read your reviews...I agree with all your points..:)

But wondering why the director chose that funny costume for reema and team in the war field :biglaugh:biglaugh..A serious scene was disturbed with these kind of silly ideas...

Enna dhaan paandiya ratham odinaalum..they shouldn't have dressed like that :hide:

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey people, I think my commenting on the uncensored version is not right.. I realise uncensored versions are not supposed to be judged with.. right na?? the show I went was previewed in a studio theatre by the director and his team.. so got to see the entire 3.5 hrs of movie..

I hear Selva has trimmed here and there in this version and given only the best to the audience.. so lot of my comments on the barbaric behaviour is not shown in the theatres. cool...

with Cindhuja's comments, I would like to see it second time.. just to erase off the bitter scenes that in still running in my head.. thanks Cindu..

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Parthiban,Selva and Karthi represented their team and answered most of the queries from general public(vijay TV)..90% of their replies were satisfactory...sure a team work :thumbsup :hatsoff to them

9. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

dear cindhuja

most of my friends said the movie is not to worth to see...
    so i decided not to waste my money seeing this movie...
    wait until shown in the cable TV

but after reading ur comments, i'm going for this movie this weekend with my hubby...

Let u know my comments on monday !!

thanks paa !

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

bambli,

dear by all means this a fantastic film and wonderful team work..No doubt in it..But keep in mind..this is an adults only movie..which refers violence also...Few scenes are really violent..I'm not sure how you'll be able to accept it..It is damn necessary for the story but appreciating it or not depends on the person..

You being a light hearted person who is not able to watch a movie coz of a character's death(surya in vaaranam aayiram) i'm afraid about your situation :hide:

but this doesn't mean i'm prompting you..Watch the movie without fail if you are not able to bear it ..better close your eyes or lie down :)..

"enna cindhu ippadi oru padathukku anupiteenganu solladheenga :).."

for reema,karthi,parthiban and cinematography you should see this :thumbsup