1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Away from LO/Mother!!!!...For the first time :-(

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by swaran, Jul 6, 2010.

1. cuties

cuties Bronze IL'ite

Shilpa, I still hear imaginary cries when I am not with dd, though not very frequently. I thought it was only me.

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

I really cant sit in office after 6.30 -45 PM...i get too tensed

even i start hearing imaginary cries of my LO

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

DD is a fussy eater and it was so bad that many people started suggesting to stop BF...i reluctantly accepted and my ILs took my DD and went to our hometown....me and DH on the other side went for a vacation for 4 days...i seriously dint want to completely stop BFing her but just felt that this gap might make her drink some other milk(cow's or formula...yes she hates taking any other milk)....i felt horrible during that time...few times during our vacation,i even thought that we should return to our hometown...i cried so much in the train,i really couldn't stop my tears when we left...that was the first time i was away from my DD for more than 13 hours(yes that was the max duration till then)...
    my ILs wanted to stay more time in hometown but me and DH felt so bad that we asked them to return immediately on the same day we return...my DD on the other hand was so happy in our hometown that only when she came back and saw me,she jumped on me and started kissing me ....i felt so so happy to get my baby back...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. RajshreeAkku

RajshreeAkku Silver IL'ite

Swaran,

Nice to hear that u got ur baby bak ... I m sure u both must have ruined the 2nd honeymoon!!! :rotfl

I can understand ur situation dear,, me too when went for the first day after maternity leave, I was almost crying the whole day without others noticing,...

Gradually I got adjusted to it,,, but I realised I m wrong,,,,(she was 1 & half yrs old then) when my mom had to go for a wedding out of town n since noone else was there to take care, my mom took my DD wid her for 2 days...

I felt too baad for those 2 days,,, cried seeing the house very neat and spotless (if my DD was there it would be messy)... and felt there is no work for me, why shud I come early frm ofc, house was feeling tooooooooooooooooo lonely and empty..

My DH said now only u r crying like this keep some of ur tears during her BIDAI.... (LOL):biglaugh

When hse returned home, I took leave for a day and enjoyd wid her....:queen

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

yes dear..during our trip too there wud not have been more than 1 hour that we stopped talking our DD...both of us were longing to see our DD...

and yes just like you,i too was constantly looking at my handbag because that would be more than full when i take DD with me...my handbag too felt bad...

yeah you are right but in my case,my DH feels very bad when i say this BIDAI word...he starts crying......and would ask me not to say that now:biglaugh

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Oh God! you and your DH are too sentimental yaar! :)
    Take it easy!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

spidey,when it comes to kids,parents are very sentimental atleast till they reach a particular stage...this happens in all houses

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

To some extent yes. But neenga rendu perum konjam jaasthi kavalai padreenga, Dhrithi will be just fine :) Just an observation, I may be wrong.....I am aware I am just saying from observation but could turn out to be wrong :)
    Who knows what changes happen later perhaps? :)

Anyway, I am only writing this post in a lighter sense, so don't take it too seriously :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011