1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Awards & Accolades: Part 2

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Soldier, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

The much awaited ?!!!!!!
    Part 2 of Awards & Accolades that some of you must be eagerly waiting for is being unfolded to you now.

This series, as mentioned earlier, is a small attempt towards appreciation and recognition from our part to acknowledge the valuable contributions that our ILites are sharing with us.
    We have seen here, many real life experiences and lots of threads / posts wherefrom we gathered many learning points, the strengths and weaknesses in life, humor, poetic expressions, pet life, medical, family counseling, the art of cooking, spiritual realization, games & puzzles, chat rooms, etc. You name it & its there here in IL.

The list is exhaustive and we are sure not to have captured each one of the valuable contributors.

Readers of this thread are welcome to add on to this list and are most awaited as well.

Thanks to all ILites for contributing valuable inputs to Part 1 & we are pleased to have included the Titles chosen by you.

1. The IL Community Service Award goes to Shanthi Vyas

Be it helping someone find a good school for their little ones, or finding a good house to buy or rent or purchase a land, or lend sound advice to moms and dads on how to find the best help for their children she is there with all enthusiasm... I would like to add an award to our own Shanthi Vyas.

2. The IL Meet Up Queen Award goes to Lalitha Shivaguru

This award is in the IL meet up world. I know there maybe a tie but since we have given our chithumma an award already, would like to award our dear Lalitha Shivaguru.

3. The IL Award for the Most Outstanding Contributions goes to Cheeniya Sir

He is the most versatile writer this site has probably seen. His language, classy wit and humour are inimitable and he has more than 150 posts to his credit in this site alone. This is a legacy that he chooses to leave for us. If only he chose to publish his posts as short stories we could all boast of having a celebrity in our midst. But what is most endearing about this person is his simplicity and low profile. No guesses here. I am quite happy that you missed him out and hence gave me the opportunity to bestow upon our one and only dearest Cheeniya Sir, this IL award. An award, probably, inadequate for the great person that he is.

4. The IL Award IL’s Spiritual Guide goes to Pushpavalli Srinivasan

She calls herself the senior most member of IL in age but her avatar shows her relentlessly typing away at the keyboard. I am awfully impressed with her knowledge on many subjects, broadmindedness, cute sense of humour (though she denies it saying I am the only one to have thought so) and her repeated efforts to bring to the youngsters here, true life stories of our great saints.

5. The Award IL’s Renaissance Man goes to Ojantrik – Oj-Da

He comes and goes out of IL with charming regularity, but his love (and hopefully our love for him) for this site keeps bringing him back. A man of varied experiences and interests, a singular command of the English knowledge should get him this award.

Titles Conferred to Personalities in Part 1 & Update:

1.The IL Emperor of Humor & Comedy: Kamalji – Acknowledged.

2. The IL Empress of Cookery & Spiritualism: Chitvish – Yet to See.

3. The IL Master Mind Mesmariser: Varalotti Sridhar – Yet to See.

4. The IL Rock & Roll Star: Padmini – Acknowledged.

5. The IL Congeniality Comrade: IyerViji – Acknowledged.

For those of you who missed the Part 1, I am giving you the link for ready reference.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/90329-awards-and-accolades-part-1-a.htmlThis is just the Part 2 of the series. We shall keep writing in the days to come. Eagerly looking forward to your valuable comments & inputs.

Our sincere thanks to Aparna and Mindian for their inputs.

With Love,

Mallika (Soldier) & Venkat (Natpudan)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Soldier/Nats,

I was eagerly waiting for the second installment of the Awards and Accolades....and my dears you have not disapointed me....it is finally here thanks to you both.

HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS to each one of the the Winners....Shanti, Lalitha, Cheeniya Sir, Pushavalli, & Oj-Da! Way to go!:thumbsup

I have not personally interacted with the winners but I am aware of each of their contributions and they totally deserve the accolades coming their way. :thumbsup

Soldier & Nats, what you guys are doing is something so awesome..no way it is a small attempt..it shows how much love & affection you have towards IL. :2thumbsup:

Keep them coming guys. :thumbsup

Much Love,
    Jaya

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Mallika and nats,

You had me featured in the first part, and killed me in the sequel eh ! HAHA

All were good, OJ one was too good, coming and going eh ! But when he comes, he is a delgith for sure.

Keet them coming, and all were good, Cheeniya of course is a legend, a la Shivaji Ganeshan, and Rajnikanth.

Too good.

and it takes courage, to appreciate other bloggers, that is a sign of greatneess that u and Nats have.

God bless u two.

Regards

kamal

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mallika and Venkat
    You make me speechless. My predominant feeling at this mention that I have received is one of utter humility. The knowledge that what I write appeals to the younger crowd in this august forum is indeed a shot in the arm for me. I only hope and pray that God continues to preserve my faculties intact to be of joy to my fellow beings.
    A big thank you!
    Sri

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Soldier,
    First my salute (as usual!).
    I admit, I feel sheepish, having missed the first part & my name in it!:-(
    That only shows that I have not yet evolved well enough, to deserve, leave alone accept, the honour conferred on me so lovingly here!!
    My cookery forum goes strong, but my spiritual forum
    Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta - IndusLadies
    has come to an end & died a natural death.

Age no bar, you all make us feel so 'high' in this forum and I profusely thank you & Natpudan Sir for all the love & attention you are showering on us!
    The best is yet to be!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

honourable judges nats and malls,

thanks for considering my vote :thumbsup :)

my hearty congratulations to the well deserving awardees.

7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    You feel sheepish having missed the first part? That's the power of your observation! The first part had Kamalji's name at the top like Abou Ben Adam and yours was the very second in the list. This was what was mentioned there:

"Cookery is an Art. It's called Nala Baaham in puraanaa days. Probably he was the only male to practice cooking those days that he became so famous. It's generally women who are good in this Art. There is one great contributor to this section who not only cooks but shares each & every intricacies in her delicacies to us and it is..........Any guesses?

It's our Beloved Chitvish. Hence we take pride in conferring the Title:

"The IL Empress of Cookery & Spiritualism" to Chitvish.

Now do you wonder how this Spiritualism came in? She is the one who knows the route to Spiritualism is by way of fulfilling the hunger in the stomach that will lead to the Spiritual
    Hunger and she makes sure we get enough to fulfill our Spiritual Desires."

If it had been just a one line mention, I would understand your missing it but not this!

Now I feel goatish about your feeling sheepish!
    Sri

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  8. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Mallika & Nats

Wonderful selection ! Lovely citations. Full marks :clap

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Sir, you are Goatee Sri & are justified feeling thus!
    No wonder, all the more because, my name appeared in the first list & yours on the second! Well, it could not have been intentional.Just a long list, 'broken' into posts!!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mallika and Venkat(nice to know both of you by the real name[​IMG])
    I really missed the 1st part after reading this which was so interesting ran to read the 1st part of Awards and Accolades.
    It was worth reading both the parts you both have taken so much effort and have selected the best ones.
    All these members really needs awards:cheers for they contribution and hard work they put in to entertain us all.