1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Awards & Accolades: Part 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by natpudan, Mar 29, 2010.

1. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Awards & Accolades: Part 1

Dear ILite Friends,

This is a small token of appreciation and recognition from our part to acknowledge the valuable contributions that our ILites are sharing with us.

Those are real life experiences, the learning points, the strength, the weaknesses in life, humor, poetic expressions, pet life, medical, family counseling, the art of cooking, spiritual realization, games & puzzles, chat rooms, etc. You name it & its there here in IL.

The list is exhaustive and we are sure not to have captured each one of the valuable contributors.

Readers of this thread are welcome to add on to this list and are most awaited as well.

1. Comedy & Humor has to be a part of one's day to day life. There is one outstanding personality who makes sure that we have it here abundantly and that is none other than..............Any guesses?

It's our Great Kamalji. Hence we take pride in conferring the Title:

"The IL Emperor of Humor & Comedy" to Kamalji.

2. Cookery is an Art. It's called Nala Baaham in puraanaa days. Probably he was the only male to practice cooking those days that he became so famous. It's generally women who are good in this Art. There is one great contributor to this section who not only cooks but shares each & every intricacies in her delicacies to us and it is..........Any guesses?

It's our Beloved Chitvish. Hence we take pride in conferring the Title:

"The IL Empress of Cookery & Spiritualism" to Chitvish.

Now do you wonder how this Spiritualism came in? She is the one who knows the route to Spiritualism is by way of fulfilling the hunger in the stomach that will lead to the Spiritual Hunger and she makes sure we get enough to fulfill our Spiritual Desires.

3. Realities in life, women's freedom, culture, relationships, changing world order and beaming as a poster boy, there is an amazing personality amongst us who mesmerizes us with his writings and it is..........Any guesses?

It's our One & Only Varalotti Sridhar. Hence we take pride in conferring the Title:

"The IL Master Mind Mesmerizer" to Varalotti Sridhar.

4. Media Craze is the order of the day. Good or bad, more of the bad get flashed than the good in the media and we will have to live with them. But there is one Fantastic & Lovely Personality amongst us who makes sure that she is the most sought after Personality even in a Star studded gathering and she is taken note of and well recognized. She commands respect & love and has beautiful narration techniques filled with humor & rumors, and she is.........Any guesses?

It's our Rock & Roll Star Padmini. Hence we take pride in conferring the Title:

"The IL Rock & Roll Star" to Padmini.

5. People these days just forget even to thank & appreciate fellow human beings. It has become such a scarce commodity. People do forget to express what's in their mind in simple & straight out of the heart language. But we should feel proud of having one such wonderful personality amongst us and she is.........Any guesses?

It's our ever friendly IyerViji. Hence we take pride in conferring the Title:

"The IL Congeniality Comrade" to IyerViji.

Now don't wonder why this Comrade came here. She personifies the common man as a comrade & is the first person to help a person in need & the first person to appreciate good deeds and that too straight out of her heart.

This is just the Part 1 of the series. We shall keep writing in the days to come. We are eagerly looking forward to your valuable comments & inputs.

With Love,

Mallika (Soldier) & Venkat (Natpudan)

(This a joint effort & The Think Tank behind this Idea is none other than Soldier – Great Idea Mallika)

It's a PLEASANT SURPRISE that the launching of this thread to appreciate the Senior Members, has COINCIDED with the 5th Anniversary of our Wonderful IL Site. Wow that's a Great Feeling to us all.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010

2. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Its a pleasure to be a part of this!!!!!!!!! dear venkat and malliga it really feels great when we honour our senior citizens as well it feels really a great pleasure for us to do it in our IL too.i hear by join hands with u providing these prides to those people of IL who had worked there atmost for the development of this IL. thank u friends thnks a lot!!! i feel happy in especially honouring our viji ma!!!!! great work dude!!!!!!!!!! keep going!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Soldier and Senior

What an apt way of celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Indus Ladies!!
    A very thoughtful idea Soldier and full marks to the joint effort of you
    both. I support every recognition along with you.

Would be nice if you both put your creative brains together and maybe
    come up with a Certificate that goes along with each of the Award
    (a soft copy of course is what I meant). Just an idea for you both to
    play with if you wish.

Wonderful gesture guys!

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hey Nats!

[JUSTIFY] I am really happy to see that you have already started the thread. What a coincidence. May be this thread was destined to be born on the 5th anniversary of IL. I am happy from the couple of responses received. Because the thought was all along nagging me as to what would be the response.

I was just thinking like how these channels give away life time achievement awards apart from the awards for the winners for the particular year under reference, we can also honor our elders / seniors here. [/JUSTIFY]

I am really curious to read other responses too.

5. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi ,
    I truly appreciate the titles given. Each of these person deserve the best thanks giving from us.
    What a lovely day the first part has been posted. Truly IL is the best place for so many things- spiritual learning, cooking recipes, entertainment, doubt clarification, humour, snippets- the best unkown book written by many authors and on and on............but the contributions by all the senior members - Cheeniya Sir, Mithila ma, Padma Srinivas ma, Padmini Madam,Ganga Madam, Radhika Madam,Lakshmi, Knots, Mindian,not to forget the jokes bond by Nats and Beautiful Posts by Soldier, Sriniketan,Ami, Meenu, .........and all others too that is adding life to this beautiful site.

Keep up the good work.:thumbsup

Love,
    Parvathi.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Nats and Mallika

I dont know what to write as I am the first one giving fb among Kamalji, Chitra, Varalotti, Padmini. I dont know whether I am worthy of the tittle. It shows the love you all have for me.

Thank you for the love, affection, care and cheer
    I am glad to receive the award on the 5th Anniversary of IL, which I will treasure till I am in this world. Kamalji, Chitra, Varalotti and Padmini deserve the award.

As K2S has mentioned wonderful gesture by both of you.

There is a place in my heart where happy memories grow
    of those who mean the most to me asyears come and go

and among the fairest memories and the loveliest by for
    are the thoughts I will always cherish of how very dear you both are

Thank you once again my children for showering so much love and affection on me

Three cheers to Nats and Mallika

love and blessings
    viji

7. veni_mohan75

veni_mohan75 Platinum IL'ite

I am very glad to be a part of IL, which I use to call as “the world of wonders”. Here it happens to experience lot of wonders and with the care and share policy, the members of the site will make the other members to do wonders. It is one such wonder.

Respecting the elders by giving them recognition will make them happy and pleasing them with these awards will really make them dumbfounded.

It’s really a great and brilliant idea Malls and Venkat. I feel very happy for those awarded.

Chitvish Mam – I always have a astounded look on you, that how much efforts you are taking to give us the best with your SBS thread. Thanks for the efforts and Congratulations for the award

Padmini Maa – You deserve this maa for all the efforts and struggles you met in giving us the “Soodaana, Suvaiyaana seithigal”. Congratulations for the award

Viji Maa – Oh.. My dear Viji maa, I feel very happy for you for the award. Whenever I post any new thread, you are there for me always, to encourage me, greet me, pat me etc. Etc. Not only for me, for all of us. Congratulations maa.

Dear Malls and Venkat, You both are rocking my dear friends. Keep Going.......:thumbsup:thumbsup

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey Nats and Malls,

Well! Well! Well! The award for the most creative newcomers clearly goes to both of you.:thumbsup.
    Hearty congratulations to all the award winners.
    I too agree with you, the senior citizens in this site are indeed special and worth emulating for their attitude towards life in general and also for their sense of humour.

I am a bit short of time, Mallika & Nats, but couldn’t resist adding my bit towards the list.

He is the most versatile writer this site has probably seen. His language, classy wit and humour is inimitable and he has more than 150 posts to his credit in this site alone.This is a legacy that he chooses to leave for us. If only he chose to publish his posts as short stories we could all boast of having a celebrity in our midst. But what is most endearing about this person is his simplicity and low profile. No guesses here. I am quite happy that you missed him out and hence gave me the opportunity to bestow upon our one and only dearest Cheeniya Sir, the IL award for the most outstanding contributions. An award, probably, inadequate for the great person that he is.

She calls herself the senior most member of IL in age but her avatar shows her relentlessly typing away at the keyboard. I am awfully impressed with her knowledge on many subjects, broadmindedness, cute sense of humour (though she denies it saying I am the only one to have thought so) and her repeated efforts to bring to the youngsters here, true life stories of our great saints. Yes I am talking about Pushpavalli Srinivasan (Pushpa Mam to me) and what award can I possibly bestow upon her? Maybe IL’s Spiritual Guide.

He comes and goes out of IL with charming regularity, but his love (and hopefully our love for him) for this site keeps bringing him back. A man of varied experiences and interests, a singular command of the English knowledge should get him the award of IL’s Renaissance Man. This can be no other than Ojantrik, our beloved oj da ..

Hats off to all of them.

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hats off to the ever friendly Natpudan and the great idea mani, Soldier's joint efforts :thumbsup.
    The titles conferred to the members here are very apt. by you and Mindi.
    Bow
    Parvathi...glad to see my name in your lists...thank you..:)

sriniketan

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Nats and Soldier

Really a great idea!!!!!

We learn so much from all these great personalities. At their age, they are so enthusiastic, charming, intelligent.

While for us, we know computers when we were out of college. But for them they took efforts to learn it , master it and now successfully flying high in IL.

they guide us motivate us and regale us.

as of now, i cant remember, but if i come up with some name, sure will write back.

once again Nats and Soldier great job:thumbsup