Avoiding pre-mature child birth.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vani, Dec 4, 2005.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies,

Thanks for your support.. Atleast for my second pregnancy I should not strain myself.. Better not to work during that time I think.. Actually my work load was more.. more than this work travel was too much for me.. am a girl who like to travel on weekends also outside.. So may be reason..

Lee - What thread is that? I would like to join too.. Let me know the thread name pls..

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

3. lovely123m

lovely123m New IL'ite

i think this is an old thread but i would like to get advise from u ladies. i had a pre term delivery at 22 weeeks and lost baby. my water did not break . i had some urinary infection but doc says that that is not the reason for this to happen as infection never reached there. do u know if the chances are high that it will happen again? doc said that cervix was ok but they are not sure why it got dialated so early . another thing which doc said was that may be i had blood clots , which later they say now that , is also not my case .. i had terrible constipation and i was extremely anemic. doc told me to take more iron tablets but it made me more constipated ...now am scared of another preg . am not sure what i should do to avoid all this next time .. should i be in bed rest ? should i stop working ? should i stop travelling ?now i have put on a lot of weight after the delivery and i know that i need to reduce all this before i conceive again .. another question which i had was when to conceive next ? i read an article which said that its good to have a gap of 18 months .. but that sounds so long !

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Normal physical activity will not cause premature delivery. It is actually important to exercise regurarly and live a normal life during pregnancy. Usually there is some underlying physical reason for why the delivery starts too early. Sometimes the water breaks because of weakness of the sac, sometimes the mothers body i oversensitive to the hormones the placenta starts to generate when delivery comes closer. Sometimes the placenta starts to degenerate too early and so on. Some extreme events like car accident or similar can also start the delivery process.

So there is nothing really that can be done to prevent early delivery. Important is to take care of yourself during pregnancy. Get good nutritious food, enough of sleep, excersize and live a normal life.

3 people like this.
  5. Gossipgurls

Gossipgurls Silver IL'ite

hello lovely , I'm sorry for your loss.

pre-term it's difficult to tell what causes the loss, I had loss@27weeks ,my older DS was a healthy full term baby@39weeks , so we could say what caused pre term loss for my second. I'm pregnate again but this was a totally surprise I got pregnate 6weeks after the loss.

So doc monitor me very closely, I take progesterone shots frm @16weeks , but at @20weeks scan they found that my cervix was shorting and had bulging membranes so emergency cerclage was put to hold the cervix , I'm on bed rest now.

You can try after 6mnts if you health permits. But if you are pregnate I would advice you to go for high risk pregnacy doc , so they can monitor you n baby.

good luck with everything.

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I had a premie at 34 weeks. It was due to a placenta problem. I dont think baby being born premeturely is under our control. It happens due to internal reasons and biological reasons.

Take things happily and dont stress both physically and mentally. There must be minimum physical excerise thou.

7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Usually the reason for preterm birth is not known. For some reason the womans body start to react and the birth is started. If it is really early medicines can be given to stop the labor but that is not always possible. Living a normal and healthy life including normal physical activities is the best strategy.