1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Avoiding Cousin Co-sis For Sreemantham

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Meet9, Jan 5, 2017.

1. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Really I liked this option..
    Why we have to dig our heads for other people's drama.. let the things happens on it's flow..
    If your co-sis doing it for show-off, definitely she 'll get deserve for what she is..

Enjoy your pregnancy..

2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Why don't you tell her you would like a small function when your mom comes. And you want your mom to be there. So tell her wait and coordinate with my mom after she comes.
    This way even if she does the ceremony your mom can help you handle things and share credit

sindmani likes this.
  3. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

OP, you can't change people. You can only change your reaction to them. Since you can't get rid of her, do something that will reduce her impact. Why don't you call your friends on the day your mother conducts the ritual? Get your friends for an informal get together, do a potluck. Everyone gets something,she too can get one item. Do the ritual and the haldi kumkum. Take lots of pictures with your friends participating in the ritual, take a few of your sil's. You are surrounded by your friends at this happy time, your interaction with her reduces and your friends will absorb some of her. Keep this plan secret until the last minute.

sindmani and maddysweet like this.
  4. maddysweet

maddysweet Silver IL'ite

Op,
    They sound like toxic ppl, especially this lady is jealous negative attitude towards u, how can u let that kind of lady do ur haldi kum kum?, i will be very doubtful and avoid for my baby safety.
    Tell 7th month u dont want to do any ritual and only 9th month u want ritual with ur mom hands only, say u will invite her after ur mom comes.
    We dont do any rituals at 7th month, extremely imp for some good elderly ppl to perform than younger ppl than u.

If i was in ur place wouldnt agree.