Australian white cockteil parrot

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Ooviya, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

V having a Australian cockteil parrot pair. just 2 yrs old. it eats only sunflower seed and thenai. Its very active and interact with us.But stiil it didn't lays eggs. V dont know its breeding time also. The shopper told winter season was it's breeding time. here winter season also crossed.

1. any one know about that bird?
    2.already v searched in Net, but details is not Enough and it's not clear also.So i need ur kind informations ref. cockteil breeding time.
    3.Normally how to maintain it? V kept in small cage in our living room. Shall v change it's locality?

I am eagerly waiting ur Reply:rotfl

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    I got this information on those cute parrots.

The cockatiel has a very long life span. Cockatiels can live up to 15 to 20 years, and they live longer in captivity. Some cockatiels live in groups and some live alone. The cockatiel lays eggs, and it sits on the eggs until they hatch. The cockatiel feeds it's babies until they are ready to fly on their own.
    Some interesting facts about the cockatiel are that the cockatiel likes to watch something, or listen to music. Cockatiels can see colors and like to chew on movable objects. The cockatiels also like to be misted with a clean mister, with warm water. The cockatiels also like to watch TV with their family.

Ooviya I found this information while I searched the net..hope it is helpful to you..

Under Aged: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
    Trying to breed birds when they are too young is a sure way to start on the road to disaster.
    [/FONT]

Good feed:
    Provide them with sufficient nourishment in the form of good seed, soft food, greens and clean, fresh water every single day.

Under-weight:
    Why? Look for the reasons it may be worms it may be illness, but whatever the reason, don't ignore it, check it out.

Under-achievers:
    You can try different partners this may help but if not maybe the bird will make a good show bird or just a pretty inhabitant of your aviary.

Over-stressed:
    It is very stressful for the birds to be placed in a location where there is a lot of noise and activity, never allowing them the chance to feel relaxed and calm about the safety of their nest site. And they should never be in a situation where they are under constant attack from other birds, dogs, cats or birds of prey.

Over-weight:
    Don't overfeed the birds, and make sure they are able to get plenty of exercise.

3. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ooviya.
    As my Nephew is in Australia,shown some snaps of white parrots resting on citrus tree at the back-yard.
    It seems its quite a usual sight of feeding them on road-side,the friendly birdies.
    Knew not much than this.
    Thanks Srini for the useful info.Might be a utile source for me if he happens to land-in with one as a gift.)))))

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thank u srini!!!!!

5. Sriniketan

Saroj,
    Let us know that day when he comes as a gift...:thumbsup

Ooviya...glad to know that it would be helpful to you..

sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Help Me Soonnnnnnnn..........

Past few days Heavy hair fall for my Cockteil parrots. I worried lot/ What can I do? Is it any symptom for sick? Am confused............

7. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Is there any one know about bird's Vaccine? Yesterday One of my Cockteil was Dead due to Infection and Veizing problem. I cant control my tears Still.

Will u pls tell me How to safe bird's life? Any vaccine etc

8. Sriniketan

Ooviya,
    I am sorry I am not able to help you on your first post. Let me check the net and be back.

Feeling very sad to hear about the loss of one cockteil parrot.

Did you ask any vet regarding the vaccine, kindly do ask them.

This is what I got from the net regarding the sickness to these birds:

Chlamydiosis or psittacosis is seen in cockatiels. The organism can cause a wide range of signs such as conjunctivitis, breathing problems, diarrhoea, weight loss and sudden death, and is transmissible to man.

Protozoal infections such as Giardia and Trichomonas can cause serious disease. Giardia in cockatiels can cause feather plucking, unthriftiness and voluminous droppings.

Cockatiels can become obese if overfed, and stress in these birds can result in sudden death. Fatty liver disease (hepatic lipidosis) also occurs in overweight birds.

If you are concerned about any signs of illness in your cockatiel you should contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. Treatment for many of these conditions requires prescription medications available only from your vet.

sriniketan

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thank u Sir!! U r right. All these symptoms r suddenly created for my TINTO (Cockteil's name).But i gave full treatment thru VET.DR and gave my full attention to it. V missed it lot and lot

Now i have its pair Female-PINTO. But its searching Tinto and shouting.Dot eat also. I feel very sad. It also having stress due to it's pair's death.

What can i do Now? this variety of Parrot is very rare in CHENNAI. I am confused reg.what next???????:drowning

10. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

hi ooviya

very sorry to hear about tinto's death..
    No words to console you...
    Sorry I have no idea about parrots to help you.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010