1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Auntie Has Toenail Fungus, She Cut It Off, Toe Is Bleeding

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by SuiDhaaga, Sep 13, 2020.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

My Auntie is unable to go to the ER because she is caring for my Uncle (who is set to go for radiation in a few weeks), and her Podiatrist it out of reach.

Auntie has thick toenail due to fungus. She cut off the entire fungal toenail and there is bleeding. She held the bleeding toe (without toenail) tight for several minutes to stop the bleeding.

Then she wrapped her toe in 6 layers of paper towel. Some blood is visible through the 6th layer.

I am searching google for solutions, but I get things like

- toenail detatched due to fungus (duh! but my Auntie cut off the entire thing!)

- get a professional to cut off toenail (yeah, but no professional is available, plus there is COVID to deal with )

- complications of cutting off fungal toenail include bleeding (no sh!3 sherlock, I am googling HOW TO fix the complication of bleeding

She is feeling very bad. What can she do?

2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I dont think this can be dealt at home..she has to consult a general surgeon...since she is your aunt I'm assuming she is 50 or 60 plus...there is risk of infection of proper medical attention isn't taken...
    I hope she isn't diabetic? In that case the wound healing process would be severely delayed...

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Let her check after bleeding stops..if it heals properly well and good else let her get it checked by a genital surgeon...( Tetanus injection need to be administered maybe)

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

Auntie is in her 70s. Right now bleeding has stopped. She's trying to get a Podiatrist to come to her home. I told her about going to a General Surgeon ..... keeping my fingers crossed.

These are scary times!

5. SuiDhaaga

Auntie said now the bleeding stopped and it looks much better. I told her about General Surgeon even though she is trying to get a home-visiting Podiatrist.

Thank you for your support --- we were really scared!

6. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

Good to know she's okay.

SuiDhaaga likes this.