1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aunt Agony and A-jnani me.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Manjureddy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Manjureddy,

as I read through your snippet the only thing I could do is sigh! Sigh in disappointment, may be some longing even for I have never had the pleasure of having an A aunty like you have, forget an aunt not even a grand mother! Have I done something wrong? Why don't I have people like that in my family? Okay, I cannot help it I know, I was just born into that kind of a family, notmy mistake, but why not people like that even in the family I married into? Birds of the same feather you say? Well may be.

All the words you have highlighted, all the quotes you have quoted as I read on, made me realize that I have indeed heard them not once, twice but many a times but none from any one close enough and in a manner put forth by your aunt to make me want to stop and ponder. I tried hard to recollect and yet I come up with a big NO as far as pondering is concerned! If anything, life has chosen to dish out experiences in it's own way that the only mantra I have been trying to follow is living in the present. As I try to do that I assure you that I have been teary eyed out of happiness many a time for no valid reason (not from my perspective) at all! So your

happily ever after days hold a special meaning to me with one exception - "not being a nuisance to anybody"! Nope that does not fit my kind of a day at all. The harder I try in that area, the worse I get, nuisance-wise!

As I get exposed to the Maya world, I do try to understand but the answer as to why this was all even created continues to elude me. There may be answers to the hows but these whys never seem to have answers. So I have stopped asking the whys and taking the cue from my extended family, have learnt to just do my job, enjoy the maya world around us and find those moments of complete satisfaction in my chosen way!

Enjoyed the ride with you (I certainly hope you enjoyed) as I went through the five agonizing days with your aunt. I know, I just called her your aunt adding the agony part to the days for I see the intelligent you understanding that anyone of us could become her any given day. Just that how we are inside as we explore the world is going to make a world of difference to our lives and the lives of people around us!

1 person likes this.
  2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear chachi420
    Thank you for patiently reading through the post. I realised what a humongously lengthy "snippet " it became, only after posting ! More like tge who,e nine yards !

I dont know if the learned lady found anything worthwhile to pick up from me. I will
    be glad if she,d only loosen up and enjoy life a bit, without concentrating on the seriousness of it all !

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Mitra, Viswa,
    So glad you enjoyed reading. And thank you for the publicity you've given my post inthe FP forum.
    Please dont accuse me of possessing any higher knowledge that can be shared with awesome Introspecters like you ! The trouble with me is, i read quite indiscriminately and frustrate myself trying to correlate, irreconcilable ideas . And i ruminate upon stuff that passed over my head by a yard, as timepass during the commercial breaks in ComedyCentral. Not good for digestion, as you can surmise. I cannot very well go around spouting my halfbaked , crackpot conjectures in the RealTime world without getting shunted to bed with a Calmpose Shot. But i see that i can get away with offloading them here, with kind friends like you encouraging me in my delinquency too.

Though i love perusing the great works of the ancient Seers just to marvel at their scintillating thought processes, the simple, unambiguous fact is , i dont understand Life ,Creation, Mind, God or Love . Depending upon the prevailing mood , i become a brahmagnani one moment and a charvaka the next to suit my peace of mind. Ah yes, there comes the "Mind " again !( Theories about the Mind that i like best are Vilayanur Ramachandran's. just listen to his lectures on Youtube, the man is a Superstar ! )

Coming to our own indianphilosophic concepts of Buddhi Manas Chitta, however much i try , i get no thought that is non- Manjula in nature. i am stuck with me . So you can see, there is no go but to plod on, loving and living the life given to me with just one clear idea ; that things happen and things end and there is no use wondering Why So or What Next ? When all that matters is just " being" , Here and Now.

I am totally with you in your concept of mutual backscratching with god ! But getting out of that dualism is the most difficult job.

Thank you once again for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts.

2 people like this.
  4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla

Dont tell me you, of all people , got taken in by my little dirty trick of sprinkling googled goodies in bold font just to make myself look a bit clever in the kumbha mela of Introspection and enlightenment that IL has become !

No need to strain yourself too much to understand Auntie B or my riposte to her, dear. Just stick to my final pronouncement of Peerless Profundity : Hakuna Matata ! By far the best philosophy to live by. Ashtavakra was saying the same thing in sanskrit, because he dint know swahili but people think he is a jnani genius and the Pumba-Timon duo are , sigh, just cartoons !

Of course, humming Manasa Sancharare can do a world of good. Soft,melodious music is always soothing to the overworked mind and body at the end of the day. You can also supplement it with a run of Ilayaraja's " ilam kaatru veesudey.....valaiyaada moongilil raagam valainthu oduthe " , the evocative imagery here is easier to experience than " sriramanikuchdurgavihare" . And it also induces good sleep with good dreams, unlike ruminations on Brahman which only produce chronic restlessness and unquenchable thirst.
    Thank you for the shiromani crown, Kamla . You are the most unstinting , serial philanthropist i have come across. God ( whatever That is ) Bless you ( as if you are not, already )

1 person likes this.
  5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear hyperventilating Hyena, fully blessed with Sat, Chit and Ananda,( especially Ananda)
    How I love your cross eyed craziness ! But you dont fool me . I do happen to know that fully realised Avadootas are never prim and proper social beings, but more like the gloriously free spirited laughing hyenas , communing with the wisdom of the cosmos . That thou art ! My pranams to you........and thank you for faming me in FP forum ,

1 person likes this.
  6. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathijagan, its wonderful to hear from an old friend. Though we take ourselves out of IL, wecant seem to take IL out of us, isnt it !
    Thank you so much for visting and leaving a warm comment. But please dont place me on the same golu-padi as CheeniyaSir. He occupies the top most padi, like the bejeweled presiding deity while chettiar bommais like me wobble around the fifth
    Or seventh.

7. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    Hold on there ,not so fast ! How do you know this is not really the satire you say you feared, with rolypoly you cleverly disguised as a lean and hungry auntie ? Please ! Dont faint ........Aww, c'mon, who would be so nasty as to put our dear old teddybear and Agony into the same thought ! You can relax. Auntie is not uncle.

Jokes aside, i am really hurt that you should suspect my honesty and intergrity and accuse me of a criminal ventriloquist act with some dumb doll. I confess , my portrayal of Auntie B is a caricature , but it is certainly not a chuvar illa chittiram. I have only used my catoonist license to slightly exaggerate her noticeable quirks , making her seem a bit more ludicrous than she actually is . If you persist in thinking that this Maya mohini is a figment of my imagination and not Brahma's , i promise on all that i hold holy that she is an actual flesh and blood person who really exists, (though she herself may think the contrary. ) Name: Bhanumathi, star: Thiruvonam, zodiac sign: aquarius. Born the year Godse got the indelible stain on his hands. Lives in Puducheri , I can get you her PAN and Indane Consumer Number for cross reference. Just dont tell her i made a snippet out of her.

Jiddu in a polycot saree? I wince in pain. I hold this man in such great esteem that it sounds utterly unfair to dress him up in a polycot saree

For a moment there, i bit my tongue in consternation, thinking i have hurt an ardent desciple of JK with my irreverence. Then you roll out that Chennai silk ! Hahaha! Good one, you got me there !

How i love your pati ! Too bad your family chronicles were not diligently tended to. We could have got many more wodehousian tales if only your familytree had sprouted a dedicated archivist.
    I am still holding my splitting sides, visualising the slipping, the taunting and the final :

That was because she was a very ‘madi’ person and made herself untouchable

What an amazingly refreshing , tangential point of view you have presented ! I have seen madi mamis taking their apartheid squemishness to extremes by treating even babies in the house as "untouchables" during vratams, but it never struck me, and would never have struck them either, that it was actually they themselves who had become "untouchables " ! ( i am leaving the exact tamil nomenclature used by ultra orthodox brahmin mamis of old , to your recall.)
    Thank you for adding merriment to this thread, Cheeniya.

8. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli,
    Thank you and I am glad you liked it. If it inspired you to listen to Brahmam okate, all the credit goes to Auntie. Please dont feel sorry for me. You know that tamil saying, " onanai madiyile vittunda mathiri avasthai " Though hosting her for 5 days was something like that, it was also very interesting to study this olli kucchi onan from close quarters. Actually, in her own way , she is quite lovable.
    So far , her weeklong preaching has not shown me any lights, but thanks to her, i have gathered some likes here. Thats Ananda enough !

9. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Balajee
    LOL , "astha channel auntie ! "
    Love that . Am sure the clan will jump at this as a new petname for Auntie B !

Onions growing out of cow dung manure is understandable , but from cows blood ? From where do they get such ideas ? Room pottu ukkarnthu yosippaangalo? Now our netas, great believers of Mumbo Jumbo, are going to be in a big fix. They are trying to increase onion yield on the one hand and trying to ban cow slaughter on the other. At cross purposes !
    Vegans go a step further and declare cows milk is also a product of cows blood and hence not kosher. Wonder if vegans ever offer paal abhiskekam to their fav. Gods ?

Ya, sure, hell sounds like a merry address to be in. A steady supply of new and newer Playboybunnies must be more invigorating than the severely limited group of Rum-Urvi -Menk doing the same old jitterbugging moves ,yuga after yuga.

10. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Ojaantrik,
    How can you do this to me, your ardent bhakth ? I mean , i have hardly recovered from the onslaught of one tornado and you unleash another one on me. I thought i had just cured myself of all the illusory uncertainities and bemusements that auntie planted in my mind, by writing this post and you come and throw this whole bunch of identities at me insisting i am one of above or none at all. Reading your typhoonic response, I got so blown about with aunts and bosses and gangajal and Berties and melting toes and gods and flowers, i am still reeeeeeling like a wooden top on mescalin. When i stop i will not know who, or worse, what i am , a monsieur , a madam or a mahadeva and will most probably decide that i am Anatole eating chateaubriand rasam with roasted flowers. The only certainty is that i am not a Macburger. Thank you for one wonderment lessened.

Auntie B should be mightily thrilled that a scholar invested time in comparing her to immortal characters like Dahlia , Agatha and The Fairy. She will surely say, whoever she is compared to, it will all be right because One is All and All is One , and for all you know, she can also claim that she is Ojaantrik too.

What is my forte you ask ? Isnt it obvious by now ? My forte is going yap, yap,yap, without stopping a breath to analyse if it is elegant or useful or required at all.

"But then, what’s the point of creating a guy, merely to make him fret day and night that he may not have been created after all?"

Precious ! Absolutely priceless! I envy your son .