August 2013 moms -to- be;;;)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by srd24, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi Pinksugar !
    Thanks for reply.... how do you feed ur baby, i mean on demand or at regular intervals?
    I delivered my twin boys at 37 wks and doc wants me to feed them in between 2.5 to 3 hours. its so tough smetimes as they will be sleeping and dont want to have.. and in nights its tough for me too..
    now they are 2 weeks old... im giving once or twice lactogen in the nights and now i feel milk is not getting sufficient...
    any suggestions...?

2. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hi viksha! congrats for you twin boys, may god give you all a very good health.

how are you managing the chores now?
    as i barely get time with just a single baby and you have to manage both.
    but hope you are enjoying the time....

take care

3. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hey PS,

did you ever tried expressing milk using hands?
    if yes then plz share your experience.

4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

i wanted to know one thing, as i am exclusively BFing my LO, i wanted to know can i feed him with bottle rarely, i am asking this bcz i feel awkward BFing in public and we have to go to doctor and saveral places after completing a month, so i thot of expressing milk and giving it with bottle.

so what i wanna know is, if i give bottle to my baby will he take the breast again?
    plz note that its already 4 weeks that i am BFing my LO, so lets hope he has learnt the skills now....

please anybody help me with this.

5. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

viiksha

even my baby was born at 37 weeks and doc told to feed every 2 hours to gain weight. i too used to try and if baby still sleeps i try later or end up giving when she demands.I also gave lacoten when she demanded more feed. now thankfully her weight has come in normal range.so now i feed on demand.its so difficut to get up in the night to give feed.managing with twins must be double the job. just curious..do both of your babies get up and sleep or demand feed at the same time?me too wanna know tips to always get good milk flow.do share if u find any remedy effective..

6. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

perals

i dont know how to express with hands. i tried initially when my breasts were full and baby not latching. It was so painful. I think you can pump and give in bottle to your baby when u go out or when u r too tired to sit and nurse.since your baby has learnt latching properly it shd not be a problem i feel.it will give u more freedom. i heard some babies get used to mothers nipples and they do not touch bottle lateron. babies shd have a chance of experiencing both i feel.i am not an expert though. experienced moms can guide u better in this..

7. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi Pinksugar !
    Thanks for ur reply...
    my boys were 2.4 each and 2.3 each on discharge , on 2nd week they gained 200 gms each and they were 2.5 kg..
    its very very tough as im nt able to feed both at the same time and they have diff schedules...and im not getting any time to sleep atleast for 1hr ...
    i used to feed 2hrs each and now they themselves are getting up by 2.5 or 3hrs ...
    im having garlic , methi seeds , milk and almonds (on dieticians advice) for good milk flow...
    but as im feeding twins ..its nt suficient ...

8. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Viiksha,
    I have heard.. you can try some medicines.. asking your doctor.. which will increase the flow! why dont you ask on your next visit!

9. zaara1

zaara1 Senior IL'ite

Hi pinksugar

Can you please let me know which brand and pump you have purchased? My doctor has asked me to feed my son every 2 hours or so too. But, a single feeding session lasts about 40 minutes and within an hour, it is time for the next feed again. So, I haven't found time to sleep and I am considering buying a pump. Please let me know which pump you found useful. How long can I store the milk? Do we refrigerate it? Do we need to use a bottle warmer before actually feeding? I know, too many questions. Kindly find time to answer.

Regards
    Zaara

10. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

viiksha
    thanks for the reply. how r u taking methi seeds? r you soking it in water before? and how much shd we take in a day? and how many almonds a day?

zaara
    soory for the late reply. have u purchased?I am using medela swing breast pump. finding it very useful. easy to clean and comact. easy to carry too. only negetive point is its only single one.not a double pump. so we can do only one breast at a time. i feel its very easy to use and very useful for me. my bf is fully dependend on this. we can keep expressed milk for 4 to 6 hours at room temp. i dont refrigerate. when my baby finishes one feed bottle i pump and keep ready for the next feed which does not go more than 6 hours anyway.hope it helps.

pearls
    how r u and your lo? no posts from u? so have u tried giving bottle?