August 2013 moms -to- be;;;)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by srd24, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi All !

I had delivered twin baby boys on 23rd Aug , it was planned c sec.
    Congrats to all other mommies..
    I had stopped pain killers and I am feeling so uneasy and pain today...
    As SGBV said , its very tiring feeding them and no proper understanding of whts goin on.Hope everything will be fine after few days..

5 people like this.
  2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Viiksha. :)
    GOD bless your little ones.
    Recover soon. Take care of yourself & your little ones!
    Enjoy motherhood!

1 person likes this.
  3. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

:party:party:gift

Congrats viiksha

1 person likes this.
  4. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

hi SGBV

thanks for sharing your experience. me too feeling the same.
    slepless nights and tiredness was taking a toll on my body. now slowly getting used to it.
    my baby too had trouble latching. still has sometimes.so i am pumping and giving.
    my bm is not sufficient for her so adding formula too. i am trying ways to increase
    my supply. i wish to give her only mine. any ways to increase bm? can we take tablets without
    docs prescription? these days docs recommend exclusive bm for 6 months.
    seems a long time.dont know whether it
    will be possible..

5. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

viisksha

double congrats to you!!!! takecare....

6. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Thanks all !!!
    Pinksugar - how r u pumping, electric or manual.
    Did u ask doc before using pump? Does it hurt?
    Its really tough for me to breastfeed both..
    Also, need to know to increase bm.

7. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Hi pinksugar! Writing after a long time, time is running and its really hard to find a spare second these days.

My labor was not progressing (baby did not descend and i did not dilate further after 4 cms)
    even after so much of walking, and thus ended up in csec.
    The next two days milk didnt come but the third day it was full and thnx to god i am exclusively breastfeeding and the baby is good at latching.

Fenugreek seeds are good to increase the quality and quantity of BM, plz google for more info.

8. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

viiksha

i was using manual pump initially.I found pumping useful so later shifted to the electric one. No i didnot ask the doc, the doc initially told me to try and practise feedind baby directly. my baby was not able to do it well and used to cry of hunger. the main goal is to give baby bm.
    so i thought of using pump and morever since baby was not taking mine my brests got engorged the 4th day when we were dischared.the nurse there scared me that engorment can lead to severe infections.they told me to remove my milk thru hand pressing .that was really painful and difficult.i got very scared. that day after coming home we immediately got the pump and tried expessing my milk.i found it very useful .
    it does not pain using a pump.its very easy.though if your nipples are sore it may pinch a bit initially but nothing much. i pump and feed her in bottle. this way i even know how much baby is drinking.and i can also pump and keep for some time and ask my dh to feed her.

9. pinksugar

pinksugar Gold IL'ite

hi pearls

nice to read from you after a long time. ya finding time is so difficult these days. but do try to post whenever u get little time. we can share with each other our experiences.its very good to know that you are ebf.ya I too read abt fenugreek,trying to use it now and googling other tips too. how much pregnancy weight have u lost? i lost approx only the baby weight.still so much weight
    to shed. they say nursing burns calories but after 1 month i am still the same weight.wat abt u? did your doc suggest anything for this? and for flattening stomach?
    after how many hours are u feeding?i am feeding after every 3 hours. its very tiring esp at night. but then i think all moms must have gone thru this phase..

10. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Hi PS,

i didnt not gain much weight during pregnancy, i gained only 7 kgs, and my baby weighed 3.6 kgs so almost i have lost all the weight i gained during pregnancy but as i am overweight i wish to lose more.

I dont wake my LO to feed, bcz doing this makes him latch for only a minute and he sleeps again only to wake up after hours, so i wait for him to wake up on his own, which is 3-4 hrs and then feed.

My doc has not suggested anything to flatten the stomach but said BF will help with that.

Yes i am also waking up at nights to feed my LO.

Take care